Natasha

Dec 1, 2010
Kerobokan
Hi everyone!
My name is Natasha, I'm from Canada and I moved to Bali 7 months ago (I live in Legian). I Love it here! I am a health coach and I would like to start a business here in Bali giving healthy cooking lessons & personalized diet & health coaching. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good lawyer/advisor to set up the business (PMA) and do the paper work for KITAS application. What I gather from going through the forum the KITAS will cost about 2000 USD and PMA 7500 USD, is that correct?

Also has anyone ever been rejected coming into Bali on a tourist visa? I leave Bali every 30-60 days to Thailand where I am setting up yoga/raw food retreats and have been having a lot of problems with immigration when I return to Bali-- they don't like it that I have been coming back & forth and are suspicious that I am working her. I am scared that one day they might not let me back! I would love to get a social visa, but I have to leave for work every month or two.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
if you have to leave every other month, why would you want to have a KITAS?
costs mentioned by you are way too expensive.
if you're not working they can't proof you are so legally they have no reason to not let you in.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
To start a PMA allow yourself $10,000US & 3-6 months. There is a lot involved in setting up a company & working visa, so your agent will hit you hard.
If you are not working a tourist visa will do, if you are in doubt you can get a multi entry business visa.

Natasha

Dec 1, 2010
Kerobokan
To start a PMA allow yourself $10,000US & 3-6 months. There is a lot involved in setting up a company & working visa, so your agent will hit you hard.
If you are not working a tourist visa will do, if you are in doubt you can get a multi entry business visa.

Hmm, thats a good idea to get a multiple-entry business visa for the time being as I am setting up the business and not working. Thank You!! I believe on a Business Visa I can be setting things up, but no working, am I correct?

gary_leighton

May 30, 2011
Hi everyone!
My name is Natasha, I'm from Canada and I moved to Bali 7 months ago (I live in Legian). I Love it here! I am a health coach and I would like to start a business here in Bali giving healthy cooking lessons & personalized diet & health coaching. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good lawyer/advisor to set up the business (PMA) and do the paper work for KITAS application. What I gather from going through the forum the KITAS will cost about 2000 USD and PMA 7500 USD, is that correct?

Also has anyone ever been rejected coming into Bali on a tourist visa? I leave Bali every 30-60 days to Thailand where I am setting up yoga/raw food retreats and have been having a lot of problems with immigration when I return to Bali-- they don't like it that I have been coming back & forth and are suspicious that I am working her. I am scared that one day they might not let me back! I would love to get a social visa, but I have to leave for work every month or two.

Hi Natasha

i may be able to help you with information. feel free to message me at gary1970 at hotmail dot com

the OP said "Love it here! I am a health coach and I would like to start a business here in Bali giving healthy cooking lessons & personalized diet & health coaching" - so a multi entry business visa won't work!!!

Be very careful - Giving cooking lessons is a high visibility type of work and people do talk.... before you know it, the immigration officer will be knocking on your door!!

Get yourself a working KITAS and then you will be covering the right bases!!!

getting a workingkitas ? hardly think there's a company suitable for sponsoring/employing her for such a workpermit

Not exactly sure what the OP's background or credentials are, but sure there are many spas and health related venues including resorts on the Island of Bali which may find her skills useful. I personally know a few people who came to Bali on vacation and found a job in a resort as Yoga Instructors - go figure!! :icon_mrgreen: