SummRazz

Hello guys i was just wondering if anyone has much experience in getting things posted to them whilst in Bali, i want to get a package from home it is just an A3 size envelope i don't have an adress here as such but it is possible for me to use my friends if needed is there any post offices that you can send things to? what is the best way to go about it?
Thank you guys always so helpful !

Opening a PO box is perhaps the simples if you can find one available at your local post office. I have had many parcels sent over recently and over Christmas last year and everything arrived safely.

Mail isn’t delivered to our home address because we are rural and at our little Sukawati post office we don’t have boxes. Our address is Pos Restan Sukawati. We’ve not had any problems with deliveries but many people have complained about receiving empty or partially empty packages. I’d imagine an A3 envelope would not cause problems but you can always send it by Express Post so it is tracked and not sign for it if anything is missing.

I had an express next day delivery sent from Oz from Births, Deaths & Marriages, normal envelope size and it took 2 monthes to get to my postbox !!! I'v also had normal envelopes take aweek to get here. It's really hit and miss in my experience.

1. Send it to your friend's address (probably OK)
2. Most post offices here have Poste Restante, which basically means your mail is stuck in a box somewhere and you have to dig through it to find your stuff. An A3 envelope should be easy to spot. Usually need to show your passport or some ID to prove it's yours.
3. As you're staying here somewhere, (hotel, losmen?), why not send it there? (Tell somebody you're expecting some mail, even if you leave the place - might be OK, if anybody remembers.)
4. Poste Restante in popular areas, (e.g., Ubud, Sanur or the main PO in Denpasar) is usually OK, but no guarantees.

Good luck.

i get all my mail sent to the canggu club (where i'm a member) and it always turns up
have even started ordering books from book depository and after a couple of weeks they arrived fine

I have found it fairly easy to get things sent to me in Bali either as you mentioned using your friends address but also getting items sent " poste resident " to any post office near to where you are staying this means the post office acts as your mail box and you just go in and show your ID and they give you the letter .

I had an express next day delivery sent from Oz from Births, Deaths & Marriages, normal envelope size and it took 2 monthes to get to my postbox !!! I'v also had normal envelopes take aweek to get here. It's really hit and miss in my experience.

Some people are lucky and trusting getting mail sent here by the looks to my surprise, I would err on the side of caution,A post box is definately the way to go, I beleive, especially if important docs like births,deaths ,marriages etc.You were lucky it eventually found its way. One time I got 6 months of my mail sent, spent countless days of dispair searching for it at different places, and sadly it never showed up.:icon_eek:I now rely on visiting family/ friends to be my carrier pidgeon.The only bright side was that it was probobly just a pile of bills.:icon_rolleyes:

I received a wedding invitation sent from Perth, 4 months after the wedding! Like Pakman, I rely on relatives to bring my mail from Australia.

I get my mail re-directed to a friend in Australia, she opens it, and if it is important eg: superannuation info, drivers licence renewal etc, she scans and emails to me, works so far. I send a card to my daughter in January, for her birthday which was in February, to have it returned here to me in Bali 2 mths later, Australia Post had changed the postcode 3 times and then sent it back!!!!!!!! the funny thing it was actually delivered to my house

Back