With the amount of people moving from Australia to Bali, fairly soon there will be more Aussies than Balinese! :icon_razz:

As mentioend Before Rasi we are toying with the idea of leaving our 14 yr -old out of School for a year and returning her to re-do her year she is finishing

I have seen a lot of people come to Bali and keep their teenage (or pre-teen) kids out of school and it has not been pretty. Generally, the kids love it for the first month or so, but then they get bored and lonely. They need to have friends and stimulation. It breaks my heart having teenagers beg me to help them learn something (I'm a teacher). They are starving for books, knowledge, sport... and most of all, the social aspects of school.
14 is a dangerous time here in Bali. 14 year olds often look older than they are and they can get into clubs, buy alcohol, drive motorbikes, get drugs. I don't want to sound negative, but it is said that "kids in Bali experience things 3-4 year earlier than those in the west"

Hello,
I am hoping to move to Bali with my wife & 3 kids ,1 x14yr old,1 x 4 yr old, 1 x 1 yr old for a year,I am new to this forum & I have researched and looked through this forum so hope to reduce the re-asking or time wasting of questions previously asked, but please bear with me if I do ask questions already answered.
1.) I think I have found very close Approximate for monthly costs for us $2910 AUS to live with House/Food/Hire-car/electricity/Visa.(divided by 12 Months.)Rubbish/Maid/gas Internet? I assume we could go out for Dinner maybe twice a week. and our 14yr old kid and little ones off school for a year, the odd treat to some adventure somewhere once a week? and a house for the year at $90,000,000 RPH,Does this sound right? I will be working back in Australia and travelling back every few weeks and my wife and kids staying full-time in Bali. Thats about 20 million IDR. house 8 million a month, (without pool) staff 3 milion, gardener and pool + chemicals, 600.000 a month, car hire 3 million, elctricity minimal 500.000, visa 1 million per month(including trip singapore and extentions divided by 6 month total is 6 million) rubbish, banjar, gas and internet( depending on speed) 400.000 a month

2.) Are the houses with 2yr leases negotiable for a single year?,and is the price of the rent for the year negotiable? excuse my lack of knowledge here? Yes, thats posible with a agreement with option 2nd year for the same price.
3.) is it acceptable to bring over a 1yr old toddler? 4 yr old? any hints? tips? IIn Jakarta they ae an incubation time of 6 weeks, after that you can pick them up.
4.) Health Insurance again I see on the posts this can be quite difficult?, can we obtain this back in Australia? Yes, you can have an insurance in Ausi, Alianz, Prudential are well known company, also in Bali.
5.) Any hints tips about reducing problems with mosquito bites?, ant bites?,protecting the litlte ones? You can use Mosquito spray or special pads, these are electric and nearly non smell
6.) the less secure the house as in gated Community,24 hour security the more of a need for full-time staff? or security guard? is this correct? Well, depending of your personal needs. Recomended is to hiere security, or staff who can wach your family, the average coast for a peson ike that is about 800.000 a month.
7.) Any other Aussies with their Families in Bali that the husband travels to and from Australia regularly? Plenty
8.) VISA'S ,I Gather that the recurring theme I am seeing here is that a Tourist Visa can be held for 30 days with a 30 day extension and that is it?,and then a Visa run to Singapore or back to Australia? is this correct?You an apply for a social pedaya, valid for 6 month. First 2 month free and 4 times(monthly extensions). ou need to hve a local sponsor!!!!
9.) Matter of Opinion but worth asking ,is it better to ALot pay more for a house/Villa and enjoy this.(Chillin at Home.) and have less disposable Income or pay for a moderate House/Villa and have a higher disposable income to how can I say"Offset" this by a slightly higher lavish lifestyle? again I appreciate this is a very general and personal question to ask? Depending on personal teased and budget.
all amounts mentioned are estimated, depending o life style.

Hope you know some more by now. When you have the planning to come to Bali again?

I can arrange info regarding renting a villa or arrange your visa needed in Bali.

As mentioend Before Rasi we are toying with the idea of leaving our 14 yr -old out of School for a year and returning her to re-do her year she is finishing

I have seen a lot of people come to Bali and keep their teenage (or pre-teen) kids out of school and it has not been pretty. Generally, the kids love it for the first month or so, but then they get bored and lonely. They need to have friends and stimulation. It breaks my heart having teenagers beg me to help them learn something (I'm a teacher). They are starving for books, knowledge, sport... and most of all, the social aspects of school.
14 is a dangerous time here in Bali. 14 year olds often look older than they are and they can get into clubs, buy alcohol, drive motorbikes, get drugs. I don't want to sound negative, but it is said that "kids in Bali experience things 3-4 year earlier than those in the west"
I will certainly take this advice on Board as this is different to a tripa round OZ for a year or two as the Kids are in the one spot in Bali ,My wife and I are open to any ideas? Private tuition?,groups for teenages?,as we are viewing this as a year long Holiday... in saying that we have only started our research and Investigations.

Kind regards

toddlers

Hello,

3.) is it acceptable to bring over a 1yr old toddler? 4 yr old? any hints? tips? IIn Jakarta they ae an incubation time of 6 weeks, after that you can pick them up.
/QUOTE]

Err... Ronald, I think you need to consult your dictionary for the definition of "toddler". Having said that, a mandatory quarantine period for toddlers does have a certain appeal. I'm imagining a large warehouse-type facility lined with cages filled with an assortment of toddlers. It could be done in a humanitarian way; change the straw every week, brightly coloured feeding bowls to keep the little ones happy.... I'm beginning to like the idea more and more.

Hello,

/QUOTE]

Err... Ronald, I think you need to consult your dictionary for the definition of "toddler". Having said that, a mandatory quarantine period for toddlers does have a certain appeal. I'm imagining a large warehouse-type facility lined with cages filled with an assortment of toddlers. It could be done in a humanitarian way; change the straw every week, brightly coloured feeding bowls to keep the little ones happy.... I'm beginning to like the idea more and more.

Your right, when i as reading toddler, i thought it was a pet..... Sorry

Hello,
I am hoping to move to Bali with my wife & 3 kids ,1 x14yr old,1 x 4 yr old, 1 x 1 yr old for a year,I am new to this forum & I have researched and looked through this forum so hope to reduce the re-asking or time wasting of questions previously asked, but please bear with me if I do ask questions already answered.
1.) I think I have found very close Approximate for monthly costs for us $2910 AUS to live with House/Food/Hire-car/electricity/Visa.(divided by 12 Months.)Rubbish/Maid/gas Internet? I assume we could go out for Dinner maybe twice a week. and our 14yr old kid and little ones off school for a year, the odd treat to some adventure somewhere once a week? and a house for the year at $90,000,000 RPH,Does this sound right? I will be working back in Australia and travelling back every few weeks and my wife and kids staying full-time in Bali. Thats about 20 million IDR. house 8 million a month, (without pool) staff 3 milion, gardener and pool + chemicals, 600.000 a month, car hire 3 million, elctricity minimal 500.000, visa 1 million per month(including trip singapore and extentions divided by 6 month total is 6 million) rubbish, banjar, gas and internet( depending on speed) 400.000 a month

2.) Are the houses with 2yr leases negotiable for a single year?,and is the price of the rent for the year negotiable? excuse my lack of knowledge here? Yes, thats posible with a agreement with option 2nd year for the same price.
4.) Health Insurance again I see on the posts this can be quite difficult?, can we obtain this back in Australia? Yes, you can have an insurance in Ausi, Alianz, Prudential are well known company, also in Bali.
5.) Any hints tips about reducing problems with mosquito bites?, ant bites?,protecting the litlte ones? You can use Mosquito spray or special pads, these are electric and nearly non smell
6.) the less secure the house as in gated Community,24 hour security the more of a need for full-time staff? or security guard? is this correct? Well, depending of your personal needs. Recomended is to hiere security, or staff who can wach your family, the average coast for a peson ike that is about 800.000 a month.
7.) Any other Aussies with their Families in Bali that the husband travels to and from Australia regularly? Plenty
8.) VISA'S ,I Gather that the recurring theme I am seeing here is that a Tourist Visa can be held for 30 days with a 30 day extension and that is it?,and then a Visa run to Singapore or back to Australia? is this correct?You an apply for a social pedaya, valid for 6 month. First 2 month free and 4 times(monthly extensions). ou need to hve a local sponsor!!!!
9.) Matter of Opinion but worth asking ,is it better to ALot pay more for a house/Villa and enjoy this.(Chillin at Home.) and have less disposable Income or pay for a moderate House/Villa and have a higher disposable income to how can I say"Offset" this by a slightly higher lavish lifestyle? again I appreciate this is a very general and personal question to ask? Depending on personal teased and budget.
all amounts mentioned are estimated, depending o life style.

Hope you know some more by now. When you have the planning to come to Bali again?

I can arrange info regarding renting a villa or arrange your visa needed in Bali.

Hello, sorry its been soem time since your reply and I have not been able to add some more questions, Your above figures mention "No Pool" but then have figures including pool chemicals pool guy? ???? also are you saying you know of some great rentals? or you can assist in pointing us in the right direction? also with visa's?

Back