lush4111

Jul 28, 2015
Hi there people.

This is my first post so firstly hello.

I have a question regarding Pemondokan arrangements. Has anyone heard of a Pemondokan before? I have been advised that a Pemondokan is essentially similar to a Pondok Wisata, however, on a larger scale (up to 10 rooms), but not as large as a Hotel Melati (25 rooms).

I have been advised that these arrangements can be used for local land owner's to make the most out of their land, and providing it is zoned correctly, can be used for the land owner to build rent and generate an income from rooms on which they pay 10% local tax.

I am also assuming that like a Pondok Wisata, the local land owner must apply for a licence to run the Pemondokan.

Is there anyone who is able to advise whether this information is correct and whether there is anything else people know about Pemondokan arrangements?

Regards

Bob

lush4111

Jul 28, 2015
Hi Markit,

Thanks for your response.

I am assuming that for a local running g a Hotel Melati, they would need to get an operational license.

Cheers

Bob

SusanSydney

Feb 8, 2015
Hi there,
Welcome to the forum!

gee you've jumped straight in the deep end of member knowledge haven't you?

Not my area of expertise but for what it's worth:

Is the Pemondokan often referred to as a Rumah Kos?

Is this an area of law where the rules differ from Kabupaten to Kabupaten (and even within these , different local interpretations of the law)?
I wonder if I saw something a while ago in the Bali Tribune about this (quickly looks it up.......) OK on 5th May 2015 there was an article called " Pemkot diminta awasi hotel berkedok Kos"
My very schoolgirl Indo makes me think this is about Hotels masquerading as Rumah Kos and therefore avoiding the higher taxes payable if you're a hotel. Also some comment to the effect that it's not only the number of rooms that distinguishes which category you fall into, but also the level of services provided. And a comment from someone that the line is very thin between the two categories.

This may be all stuff that you are aware of and may be the reason you're looking for clarification from the forum - in which case, just ignore my ramblings. But if that's the case I would suggest that your best source of reassurance on this matter would be a good lawyer - especially one that practices in the geographical area of the Kos/hotel that is being looked at, since there seem to be some regional differences

Good luck

Last edited:

lush4111

Jul 28, 2015
Hi SusanSydney,

Thanks for your input, I think that I may have to go to see a lawyer to get some answers. Will share when I find out.

Cheers

Bob

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Hi SusanSydney,

Thanks for your input, I think that I may have to go to see a lawyer to get some answers. Will share when I find out.

Cheers

Bob

Let me know how you go. They could be just different words for the same thing.