parajen

Can anyone give advice on paying electricity bills online? We are building in Ungasan but live in Oz and can only get to Bali about 2 - 3 times a year. Obviously we will have outgoings that will need to be paid. We could put money into our nominees account to pay expenses but I would like a bit more control of paying the bills. Thanks

Online Banking may be not so easy if you dont have a smartphone. I have an account with Permata but no smartphone so no more online banking possible. This has become a real problem because when I am in Europe I cannot access my account.

Online Banking may be not so easy if you dont have a smartphone. I have an account with Permata but no smartphone so no more online banking possible. This has become a real problem because when I am in Europe I cannot access my account.

Are you sure? I'm not saying you are wrong as I don't personally use Permata but I have a hard time believing a bank would offer a smartphone banking app without also offering a more fully featured online banking solution from the computer.

If this has not changed during the last couple of months I am sure. I used the online banking from Permata a lot but suddenly I could not access my account via computer. So I went to Permata and was told that without smartphone no more internet banking because of "safety reasons". I could not believe it myself but Permata did not offer another solution.

Paragen, I understand you wanting more control over paying your bills. You might try talking to Danamon Bank. They offer tokens as an alternative to phones for security but I don't know if they work overseas. I don't know how they work since I use my phone.

We have been totally happy with Danamon and haven't had some of the banking problems other people have discussed.

Another issue could be opening an account without a KITAS but it is worth asking.

That is really strange as mobile security is worse than internet.
The tokens that Pollyanna refers to work overseas, it is like a revolving security number that is linked to your account.

Back