pjkl

Feb 8, 2010
Hi,

Does anybody know how to open a paypal account when you have a bank account in Indo ?
I am asking as for getting a credit card, I need to keep a deposit of 10 mil permanently. (BII)
Does anybody have a suggestion ?

Thanks

C

CanonMan

In order to be able to Pay for products etc you will need to pair a credit / debit card with your PayPal account. Some banks will issue you with an ATM card which ARE NOT seen as a debit card by PayPal as they are instant issue cards without a name credited to them, just a series of numbers and codes pointing to your account.

Once you have the PayPal account set up, paired with a valid credit card you can then withdraw cash from that to your paired Indo bank account. I have a business and personal PayPal set up in this way, quick and simple.

Cheers,
Mark.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
paypal in indo

Hey I'm just going through the same BS and with the same problems it sounds like you are having.

Indo bank account but no credit card here...? On paypal's own site they say credit/debit card so with the Indo bank account I got my debit card all warmed up and ready to use in the PP applications but guess what - the "debit card" bit disappears and it's back to just credit card. Problem!

The newest information from PP itself (they call you if you send a "contact us" email) is that any credit card can link to the paypal account - it need not even be in your name. So they advised that I use wife's, daughter's, dog's whatever credit card to link the account and then when it's approved I can cancell the credit card but the accounts (Indo Paypal >>Indo bank account) then remain linked. Allowing transfers between the 2.

Sounds almost plausible but I haven't tried it yet.

Please tell me if it works.

Roswen

Sep 22, 2012
Bali-Jakarta
paypal only accept credit card from banks in Indonesia. Debit card is still unacceptable. If you are using credit card, then you need to register at paypal first, and attached your detail credit card number and identity in your paypal account.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thank you Roswen you are absolutely correct the credit card has to be issued in Indonesia and and/or to a family member with the same last name - wonder how they expect that to work in Bali where nobody has the same last name?

Roswen

Sep 22, 2012
Bali-Jakarta
Well In other country, paypal accept the debit card from a local bank, while in Indonesia, it is still not acceptable. I don't know what do you mean by "to a family member with the same last name", i can't work in bali or what?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The Balinese don't (as far as I can figure out) have any family names (surnames) but all kinda go by some name - one of about a half dozen that they all get from somewhere...

As you can probably gather I'm a bit baffled by the whole naming thing here but as far as my deep investigations have gone - no surnames in Bali.

Wayan Sukawati's wife is not Mrs. Sukawati, and Wayan's kids are not the "little Sukawatis". Wayan's dog is a fleabag.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Markit, question -
I assume you still have a UK credit card & bank a/c?
Why not set paypal up with the UK a/c & card then... Withdraw Money (or Send a Payment) to your Indo a/c
.... I'm sure there's a reason, I just can't see it .

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You can transfer money free between paypal accounts i.e. from my uk paypal to my indo paypal.

Groovy!

Have a paypal account in UK.

Groovy!

Have paypal account in Indo now.

Double Groovy!

Slight problem is can't get fecking money out of Indo paypal account into Indo Bank account without Indo credit card to verify Indo bank account.

Not so Groovy.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Calm down little fella (sigh... attention span of a 2yr old @ Christmas.. no more special sauce for you)

1. Have Paypal a/c verified with UK credit card
2. Just "Make Payment" to an Indo bank/ac - like you would if you were buying something from Amazon

I don't believe there is such a thing as UK or Indon paypal accounts - just a Paypal a/c

ALTERNATIVELY - look at payoneer.com or https://load.payoneer.com/LoadToPage.aspx

I made payments to an Indonesian contractor last week who also doesn't have a paypal a/c
(I'd never heard of it before)

Last edited:

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Calm down little fella (sigh... attention span of a 2yr old @ Christmas.. no more special sauce for you)

1. Have Paypal a/c verified with UK credit card
2. Just "Make Payment" to an Indo bank/ac - like you would if you were buying something from Amazon

I don't believe there is such a thing as UK or Indon paypal accounts - just a Paypal a/c

ALTERNATIVELY - look at payoneer.com or https://load.payoneer.com/LoadToPage.aspx

I made payments to an Indonesian contractor last week who also doesn't have a paypal a/c
(I'd never heard of it before)

When we moved to Indonesia PayPal required that we open an Indonesian PayPal account. I had to start from scratch with a new account. Still it wasn't difficult. I just didn't see any reason to bother with a new account but had to in the end.
Almost all financial institutions are afraid of Indonesia. Amazon is afraid of Indonesia. iTunes is afraid of Indonesia.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009

The problem is with withdrawing money to a bank account. You can't unfortunately have one Paypal account and then add the details of a bank account from another country. If you move countries for example, you probably need to open a new Paypal account if you need to withdraw money to the bank account in your new country.

Some countries have a limit of say $500 a month which you can withdraw money to without having a credit card attached to it, but not in Indonesia.