Mark

My Indonesian wife and I are exploring the purchase of a plot of land in the Ubud area. Our notaris in Jakarta, who did our pre-nuptial agreement and is a family friend (but who does not do property deals), recommended a Bali notaris she knows who, as it turns out, is based in Denpasar. We would be grateful for any advice on whether using this notaris for a transaction in Gianyar presents any issues/downside to be aware of? All things being equal, we would prefer to use this guy since he comes recommended by someone we know and trust.

Also, from searching earlier threads, I note that the typical notaris fee for land purchase is 1% of the price. Is this still the experience among forum members who have recently bought land?

Thx and cheers,

Mark

I am no expert, but have the impression you should use a notaris in Gianyar Regency. But why not ask this Denpasar notaris, because he should know better than me.

I am no expert, but have the impression you should use a notaris in Gianyar Regency. But why not ask this Denpasar notaris, because he should know better than me.

Thanks ronb, good advice. That's exactly what I did, and he indicated that he is partners with a notaris based in Ubud (who was also recommended by someone in another thread).

Also, from searching earlier threads, I note that the typical notaris fee for land purchase is 1% of the price. Is this still the experience among forum members who have recently bought land?

I have been quoted 5% for the Akta Jual Beli alone! Is this way too much???

I'm advised by notary that 1% fee on AJB would be acceptable on a more expensive property, say around the 1b rp mark (10m rp fee), but not on a cheaper property, where a higher fee would be expected. Notaries seem to want about 5-10m rp for the AJB fee alone, from what I can tell.

Back