PippiLongstocking

Oct 9, 2012
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I've really enjoyed reading all your comments/ideas on this forum.
We are considering taking a 20 year lease on a 5 are block of land in Penestanan (road access & rice field view).
Values seem to vary considerably in Bali and we wondered if anyone had any ideas on what this land might actually be worth?
Or on Penestanan in general.
Many thanks.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
First welcome to the Forum!

Wow what a question...I want to sell a Mercedes what do you think it might be worth?? Where in Penestanan, what is the price they have told you? Precise Location? Obviously it has an own certified guaranteed access? Or just a "you're my friend - you can use my access" Promise from a neighbor? Near the road and how wide? Ricefield deep level or street ground-level? I had some clients they paid 2 million / are in Central Ubud a year ago, might be 3 now...

BTW I'm a big fan of Pippi Longstocking! In the south-seas was the best :)

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I still watch Sendung mit der Mause every chance I get. Daughter used to sit on my lap every Sunday to watch it together - for my money the best kids (and fathers) program in the world. Villa Kunterbund was pretty good too.Haha that's where I live now.

PippiLongstocking

Oct 9, 2012
Hi Sakumabali & Markit,
Thanks for your replies and welcome...
If ok with you Sakumabli I will send private message with more detail once I've done my 10 posts.

Had no idea there were other Pippi Longstocking fans out there! I agree Markit, it was the best kids program ever! I grew up on it. How lucky are you to live in Villa Kunterbund:excitement: Any girl that can lift a horse is pretty cool I reckon :adoration:

agus

Nov 14, 2013
Hello, it may be late, but when you looking for Bali villa for lease, villaforsalebali.com may help you to find it easier.

tunda

Mar 29, 2013
Hi PippiLongsticking

:apple::apple:
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I've really enjoyed reading all your comments/ideas on this forum.
We are considering taking a 20 year lease on a 5 are block of land in Penestanan (road access & rice field view).
Values seem to vary considerably in Bali and we wondered if anyone had any ideas on what this land might actually be worth?
Or on Penestanan in general.
Many thanks.

tunda

Mar 29, 2013
Hi Pippi, did you manage to secure the land ? I paid 3.2 a year ago, too price I think but great location. Interested to know how much they are asking

P

paulseawind

We are considering taking a 20 year lease on a 5 are block of land in Penestanan

I have this for you
Listen up big time

There are 2 'things' when buying property in Bali (for regular housing)
The "SERTIPIKAT" (certificate) and the "IMB"

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT buy anything here until you see the originals of those two documents
You need to hold them in your hand and feel them
A photocopy is not enough
A promise is worth even less
You MUST see the originals (for my property I have the originals of both, safely stored)
By 'buy' I mean enter into a never-never lease agreement via a 'nameholder' or how you think you might do it

And 20 years sounds slim
Already I am thinking they are trying to 'do you over' which means sell to you at any condition
And that happens, to be sure
All they want is to sell the land
They sell for medical reasons or some family reason
Not, usually, for profit like a speculator does - but that does depend on the various circumstances
Sometimes, the waitress in the resto will confide her family needs to sell some land and 'are you interested'

Should be 25 + 25 years, or better
So, you get 50 years
Not 20

And, you will need a Notary (Indonesian word is NOTARIS)
That is a Property Conveyancer with a bit of extra oomph
If you find one then make sure reputable people give a thumbs up for that person
Don't just use someone's brother or cousin

Do NOT just happily go along with this transaction
Do not
Do not make that mistake

Now the second part
Building
You are going to buy land so you can build?
If so, how far from the nearest 'big' centre
If it's out in the hills then look forward to many disappointments from the workers
And, out there, once you get workers, if there are more than two, there will always be someone not working
I have fired the entire 'gang' for being slack on the job
They just don't work if more than enough to tote the rocks, cement, sand, dirt, etc

Earlier, I said SERTIPIKAT and IMB

The Certificate is for the 'ownership' of the land
If you are not an Indonesian then you cannot own land in Indonesia
Simple as that
Easy to understand
That was reaffirmed in the Press here in the last 2 days
Bali News: What Part Don’t You Understand?

The IMB is the 'permit' for the usage of the land
If you 'buy' land without an IMB, you are foolish
You must have the IMB, which is the permit for the usage and tells you how you can use that land
Maybe for house, or hotel, or for shop, or factory, or for office building, etcetera
The IMB tells you what you can do with the land
If you do not get an IMB then you are in 'no man's land' to get one and it will cost you more money, at the least

Be careful and do NOT believe all the friendly faces you see before you on this deal

However, after having said all that, if you go about it in the 'right way', it will be a fabulous experience and you will meld into the way of life here and you will probably love it

davita

Mar 13, 2012
[MENTION=18459]paulseawind[/MENTION] post#9

You might be a little late giving advice to the OP...the question was asked over 2 years ago and the OP only made 4 posts......and didn't return.

P

paulseawind

[MENTION=18459]paulseawind[/MENTION] post#9
You might be a little late giving advice to the OP...the question was asked over 2 years ago and the OP only made 4 posts......and didn't return.

Yes
You are clearly correct
Mucho gracias, amigo, for pointing that out
I will have to be more diligent and Thanks for telling me
Please always tell me these things

BTW, I balked at a Denpoo toaster earlier today
But I have my heart set on one
However, Rp340K for a toaster at the local toko . . ? , it is the big size
But Over The Top, IMHO

My Electrolux has developed an ailment
If you have it plugged in, do not touch the top, or you will get zapped
Same with the washing machine

Everything else is OK

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Please don't get me wrong paulseawind....excellent advice nevertheless.

Maybe you could rephrase the grammer so as not directed to one person, eliminate frivolous words (i.e. foolish, simple as that, easy to understand, etc), change the subject heading and make a blog for others to read......or is it called a sticky:icon_question:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
My Electrolux has developed an ailment
If you have it plugged in, do not touch the top, or you will get zapped
Same with the washing machine

I'm sure you're aware that it's either static electricity or stray current leaking...if only when plugged in then probably the latter. Either way....that can be dangerous. Not every electrical plug and appliance in Indonesia is properly grounded (earthed).
The washing machine is easy...just tie a wire from the machine-case to the faucet.
An Electrolux is a name brand so I don't know what is the appliance...nevertheless, make sure it's properly grounded for safety.

Otherwise, your next post may be too shaky to be read...:icon_e_surprised: