lufc

Oct 5, 2010
Hi all

New to this forum.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any websites where people post if they are looking for a partner in building a new villa or villas (not timeshare).

Thanks

Nicky

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Hi all

New to this forum.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any websites where people post if they are looking for a partner in building a new villa or villas (not timeshare).

Thanks

Nicky
What area are you in and why do you need a partner?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Nicky,

yes would be better to have more information what exactly you´re looking for...

Cheers Marc

lufc

Oct 5, 2010
So what i am looking for is people whom pool their money in order to build villas for holiday rental purposes.

I live in Perth West Aust and love to travel to Bali as do my family.

I have searched the web and have found nothing.

I have money to invest but am still a little bit short and thought that if there was some kind of venture out there then i would look into it.

Not interested in timeshare or the big developments etc.

Cheers
Nicky

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
I'm sure similar business ideas have been pondered my most expats here. All about finding the right bit of land.
Building to rent or sell. Big or small houses/villas. I would like to build estates like BTN only better quality and slightly more upmaket. They have a good model, they put the roads and services in place, divide into plots and sell the plots with the contract to build before building commences. Progress on the building depends on the ammount paid.
Their plot sizes start at just under 1 are upwards and tend to sell very fast, even at a premium price. The finished products are in reach of locals to buy as well as tourists.
So land, planning permission, sevices [water, electric] and a basic road and very little more investment is needed.
Tricky though having partnerships, as you can well appreciate.

lufc

Oct 5, 2010
Hi Mat

What is BTN?

I am a tax accountant so know all about partnerships etc :(

Cheers

Nicky

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Hi Mat

What is BTN?

I am a tax accountant so know all about partnerships etc :(

Cheers

Nicky

Big Balinese housing estate builders. I dont know what BTN stands for but a lot here call it 'Better Than Nothing'.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
They are not known for their quality of build, but you can design your own house and choose materials. So I suppose you get what you pay for. The builders are usually from Java and not well paid and a perfect job is not their priority.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
What is BTN?

I think it is something like Bangunan Tanah Negara which means building on government land. They are low-cost 1 or 2 bedroom houses on small blocks (maybe 2 are) - so is a dense urban development. Sometimes they have a car park space - sometimes they don't.

Rambutmerah

Jul 30, 2006
Btn

Bank Tabungan Negara (BTN).

Bank BTN is providing loans all over Indonesia so people can build homes at a fare cost .

komangkiwi57

Jan 4, 2011
sumbi denpasar
go with your hart

hi nicky
my answer to your thread is go with what you have you dont need partners just a good design a good proyek manager and stay with your plan no matter how frustrating it gets why i say this is cos i have been where you are now i to live in w.a and had the same dream but i made it happen my wife balinesse worked out a financial plan then we just went for it today i have 3 villa that are green house emission free made from rammed limestone i consulted a friend who does this full time lives in kalamunda flew him over and wella thats how we started so yes its possible but carefull planning is required if you wish to look at my construction piks search facebook bali griya rammedearth solutions cheers stay inspired if you need to chat email komangkiwi57@gmail.com