Hi Manus,
We're moving from Holland to Bali as well!
If you have any tips to share, please let me know!
Marieke

Hi Marieke,

The best tips you will find here and also the dutch forum. But if you have any questions let me know.
Good luck with your moving plans.

A great man once said: you will need nerves off carbonfiber!

How eloquent that man was.

I would only add - bring cheese, lots of cheese. Oh and if you have some spare room - bring some more cheese. Preferably a nicely aged Gouda. If I was you I would actually strongly consider leaving one of the kids or your missus behind to add space to the cheese capacity (also reducing consumption I should add).

The going rate for building advice is now (due to high demand) about 5 centimeters and hour.

Land purchase is now also covered.

Am in discussions with my car rental guy about a possible linkup there too but he's a Brie guy so you may have to make a quick journey over to the surrender monkeys before you come.

Hi All
Could be getting crowded in Bali soon !!!!!
We are coming over early next year to see whether Bali is the place for us to finally put our feet up.
Markit , What would a KILO of aged Comte cheese from the Jura mountains get us ??? as I think we are living in "Surrender Monkey" Country
Forget about putting Brie in your hand luggage as here its classified as liquid and is confiscated by airport Security.
Looking for villas in North Bali, any estate agent references would be appreciated,
Looking forward to the adventure and hopefully meeting up with a few of you for a beer/s , when we come over.

Welcome Anbar

I can already see you will make a very, valuable addition to this forum - the cheese will be fine and when can you deliver?

As to how far it will get you: Usually I take about a month to get through a kilo of cheese so calculate accordingly. Or we can break it up as lawyers do into "billing hours" in which case I reckon about the first floor should be in it. If you are planning on a bungalow then "Bob's your Uncle" as the Limeys say and I'm your man.

Course if you plan for a 2 story house bring 2 kilos.

Oh and we just love Surrender Monkeys here cause we've pretty much all surrendered too.

What a deprived (or is that depraved) life you must live Markit. By your calculations I have about 2 months worth of Brie and a month and a half of Camembert in my fridge. I also have a couple of months of Mainland Tasty and a few other odd bits.
There is a Choizo or two, a few Cacciatore, a couple of plain Mettwursts, A garlic Mettwurst, a Csabi Salami and a few other concoctions.
There are a few bottles of Wild Turkey American Honey, A Johnny Walker Black, A bottle of Drambuie, something labelled Bushmills Single Malt Irish Whiskey and a bottle of Tequila. There are also the usual 168 bottles of Bintang on ice.
Be brave young fellow, head south. We may not talk the pidgeon language that you and the other savage natives of the far east blunder along with, but we will make allowances for you!

Do you need a groupie?

Actually I love you already.

When was the last time you had Boysex?

Which direction is South after you hit the equator?

Hi Manus
Good luck with everything. What area of Bali are you moving to?
We are moving across next year also. Pondering a 6 month stint to see how we go .... or just jumpin in boots and all....

well all, sorry if i interrupted about the cheese topic ha ha ha

btw, Manus, where are you moving to Bali ? have u decided which area are you moving in?

well all, sorry if i interrupted about the cheese topic ha ha ha

btw, Manus, where are you moving to Bali ? have u decided which area are you moving in?

Hey there, im sorry for the delay but bit busy. We are living in Kerobokan near the jail for 3 weeks now.

Back