Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Hi all

Was at the Notaris today checking all the docs on the land, all looks good, paid the deposit, then went to see the land again and bumped into the builder.

Now, although the land is in a Perumahan, so the Notairs said that this means all blocks are residential, not in any green zones etc and have a right to build, when Hubby asked the builder about whether he needs to sign the IMB, the builder said, oh, this land already has an IMB so I always just get the IMB after the house is done.

Hubby now really worried, although the builder has built 3 in the street and 10 in the Perumahan this way he wants to know if anyone else has had the IMB done last.

Many thanks

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
'perumahan' as in BTN houses or 'kavlingan' ?

"the right to build" is a right that should be contractual stated even if it is in a residential area, if you do not have a agreement between you and nominee that gives you the right to build, you obviously do not have that right.
Land can not have an IMB, an IMB is in a persons name..so that the builder says 'this land already has an IMB is not possible'.
Not to worry though, ussualy the proces of getting the IMB and building go hand in hand, at start of building the IMB is applied for, 9 out of 10 times when the foundation is done.
So the surveyers actually have something to look at (size of building and layout).

Personal experience was as above, foundation done-surveyers came-and after a while the IMB (surat and plate)

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Thanks Gilbert

I think you have a few points there that are slightly separate to each other, we are going with a Hak Guna Banguan certificate, which is the right to build, we don't have a nominee.

But, I agree, I did not believe a block of land could have an IMB, will get back to the builder tomorrow and insist on it being done after the foundations is done at least.

Many thanks

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hak guna bangunan - gives you the right to use the house on the property.
Since there is no house yet, you build that first and then you have the right to use it (live in it).

How did you secure the land itself?

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Hak guna bangunan - gives you the right to use the house on the property.
Since there is no house yet, you build that first and then you have the right to use it (live in it).

How did you secure the land itself?

Hi Gilbert

We've paid a deposit, we are settling next week, it is currently Hak Milik, we are purchasing and changing to Hak Guna Banguan (buying it with our PMA).

Just got a text from the builder, he owns 5 pieces of land in the perumahan (the Notaris confirmed it is a Perumahan) and we were buying direct from the builder, he was going to build is own house on the block we picked so had already started clearing and putting down foundations.

This is the message reply after we asked to have an IMB before the building starts. "come on and see the IMB, I have a group IMB for every block of land, then I do an alteration of the original IMB to reflect the new building, fences and foundations dont count."

Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
Hi Georgie
When I looked at the IMB form there is a tick box for "planning to build';"currently building" and "already built", so it does appear that the authorities allow for approval at every stage. However, do check for the other details such as the restrictions (e.g. no busineses, schools, shops, etc.) and where the access road meets your property. Buying 'off-plan' appears to be quite common.. that is the basic plan shows a plot of land with a building on it. I think the system works like this: when the builder has all the building costs up-front (often referred to as 'the deposit') then he will build the property. On completion he gets the rest of his money, which means his profit. Once the building is in progress, then the 'land owner' applies for the IMB, including all the changes to the basic design. If this wrong, I hope someone will tell me.

If possible get clauses included in the contract that specify key dates, such as when the house will be complete to a standard YOU are happy with (not just 'roof and walls'), when the IMB will be issued and when the land transfer to your nominee's name will be complete, with a very clear financial reduction in the payments if these dates are missed.For example, if you are in rented accomodation, and the house is not ready to move into, you could find yourself paying an extra 6 or 12 month rental, so make the builder pay for that ( it gives a strong incentive to complete on time).

I have discovered that the 'quick transfer' of land ownership name is likely to actually take 5 months. The IMB approval took 3 months.

BTW, if you expect a 'damp proof course' to be installed, then make it a key part of your contract. Many builders appear to have little understanding of the concept.

Good luck with your project.
Barekarma

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Hi Georgie
When I looked at the IMB form there is a tick box for "planning to build';"currently building" and "already built", so it does appear that the authorities allow for approval at every stage. However, do check for the other details such as the restrictions (e.g. no busineses, schools, shops, etc.) and where the access road meets your property. Buying 'off-plan' appears to be quite common.. that is the basic plan shows a plot of land with a building on it. I think the system works like this: when the builder has all the building costs up-front (often referred to as 'the deposit') then he will build the property. On completion he gets the rest of his money, which means his profit. Once the building is in progress, then the 'land owner' applies for the IMB, including all the changes to the basic design. If this wrong, I hope someone will tell me.

If possible get clauses included in the contract that specify key dates, such as when the house will be complete to a standard YOU are happy with (not just 'roof and walls'), when the IMB will be issued and when the land transfer to your nominee's name will be complete, with a very clear financial reduction in the payments if these dates are missed.For example, if you are in rented accomodation, and the house is not ready to move into, you could find yourself paying an extra 6 or 12 month rental, so make the builder pay for that ( it gives a strong incentive to complete on time).

I have discovered that the 'quick transfer' of land ownership name is likely to actually take 5 months. The IMB approval took 3 months.

BTW, if you expect a 'damp proof course' to be installed, then make it a key part of your contract. Many builders appear to have little understanding of the concept.

Good luck with your project.
Barekarma

Thanks Barekarma

We've checked it out very well as to zoning, location (temple locations etc), approval etc. We were just a bit stumped on the IMB being changed after, but yes, I just looked at the same choices available for stages in a copy sukambali kindly sent me. We are going today to check that he has an IMB for that exact block.

The fact that land transfer took 5 months is one that I thank you for pointing out, was not aware it took that long, rang the notaris and she said can take up to 6 months but the sales agreement will be registered with Titles office in 24 hours of signing, they will then wait till the new Certificate Number is issued but the sales agreement is binding and proof of purchase.

You've given me a little bit more reassurance, will check it out the IMB today.

Many thanks!

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Update:

have a copy of the IMB for 110 blocks of land, it's for a housing development, so the IMB shows our block and it states the usual stuff under Standar sempadan its approval for a house 15 metres high, it has the Konstruksi Bangunan details all filled in and looks like everything's there, expires in 2034. So, we can start building now and apply for the new one as a separate IMB with separate plate for our house and not have to wait till it comes through. Also, checked out the 2 neighbours that have used the builder and they have their new IMB's, they said they came through about 3 months after he started building.

Many thanks for your help!