Kochie

Oct 21, 2011
I have searched the forum for older posts, but can't find anything that really helps me, so I apologies if this has been answered previously
Is it possible to get home and content insurance and if so is it possible for that to include flood or storm damage.
Thanks in advance

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Here's a couple of links to previous threads:

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
insurance

The real estate agent who sold me my house said it was little use insuring ,as almost for sure they would find a clause for not paying anything in case of damages.
Did you include earthquake in your question?Very likely to happen as well.

gilitea

Sep 15, 2011
We made an insurance claim to Allianz for some damage caused during a storm a couple of years back and they paid out immediately. In fact they were very helpful.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
We don’t have house insurance but our car insurance is with Allianz and they’ve been fantastic about small claims. Sitting in their office for repair approval takes forever and a day but they are pleasant to deal with and have had no arguments with our claims.

hanzrobby

Mar 15, 2011
is this allianz in bali as we have asked in aus and they don't do it.

can you get insurance if someone gets injured on your property here. I know at home it is automatically on the policy??????

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I'm getting sick of this reckless motorbike drivers (yes me again), my wife had 3 accidents in the last 4 weeks (even better 2 accidents in 2 days), one time a Bluebird taxi suddenly stopped cause a tourist waved, collision - 700.000 Rupiah she had to pay + 1 Million for our dammage. Than two times motorbikes hit our door quite fast (this time the dammage is quite severe cannot open the door anymore), one time junction at Mc Donald Jimbaran, the other time in Negara, BOTH times the driver hit & run :icon_eek: this is soo UNCOOL!!
One car insured, the other one not....tired of bringing them to the bengkel & pay...BTW my wife is avery decent driver but I was not in the car so who knows? As in accidents between Balinese people it's always the fault of the others (cause Balinese are ALWAYS right) it could have been her fault too I admit

Last edited:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah, with such a trackrecord it might be cheaper to insure both cars..
I totalled the car, sort of my own fault and had to pay 200.000 rupiah myself and the insurance company paid the rest (+- 50jt)

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
I have seen a young woman several times in our neighbourhood who seems to have a bit of a 'death wish'. She doesn't wear a helmet, and this morning she was on the wrong side of the road heading toward me on her motorcycle (quite fast) talking on her mobile phone!!!

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
Gilbert, was this a rental car you totalled (probably not because you've been here a long time, but worth the question)? I am interested because I recently organised a long term rental car. I have to pay 200,000 excess on accidents. But with further questioning, I discovered that third party cover is only 10 million rp so I would be liable for the rest. They told me that this was the
"same throughout Bali" with all rentals? Fortunately I have a policy, and I checked with my insurer, that gives me public indemnity to quite a ridiculous amount, and will cover an accident here in Bali should I be at fault.

I just wonder if people who hire cars in Bali and usually ask "am I covered?" realise this.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@Annam...this wasn't a rental car, nor was it bought using a finance-company. Maybe policies for rentals (commercial vehicles) are different? I can imagine they would be..
I paid X % of what I paid for the car (forgot how much) for insurance, had to pay in advance for 2 years (not like in NL where one pays per month).
all risk insurance, including earthquake, landslide, hurricane and all those things that would be called "act of god" and therefor not insurable in NL.
per case a own risk of 200.000 rupiah.

@Sakumabali...Thanks, Airbags do wonders :)

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
anyway, the most important thing is that you are ok. Must have been quite a shock!!

better check my car has airbags!!!

krystal

May 9, 2012
I have just insured both my house and car with Asia life, the prices seemed reasonable. I guess the cover is not the same as in Australia but my house it is covered for fire, burglary and earth quake which are the main things for me.