No black belts , just trial and error , plus learning from you tube, and google , and friends tips/experience passed on . When your get your desired results ( finger lickin yummy meals ), it makes you want to get more adventurous and cook more often.
Now there are so many items now that we refuse to order from menus at restraunts due to the comparison of buying a good raw steak (for example ) and cooking it at home, as we know the flavour will be far superior when cooked at home .

RE; Fuels - Im using gas markit , and im cooking on a gas Broil king sovereign XL , The extra large size , and 4 grilling burners instead of 3 gives so much more versatility when using indirect heat , especially for fitting in whole chicken(s) and fish in grilling baskets etc . and the wide porcelain coated heating rack is large enough for pizzas etc and cleans easy , so does he stainless steel grids.

Id personaly rather use gas anyday, for the superior instant heat control and conveinience ,,,,,. Unless you really want to build a brick pizza oven and had your heart set on it ..., it isnt really nessisary for making a perfect pizza , any hooded bbq will do the job with a pizza stone or vitrified bricks (not sure if available in bali that have been kiln fired at a hot enough temperature so as to not crack , same applies to the bricks ) ... but a well oiled pizza tray ( metal ) will also do the job ( not as good as a stone though ) ...., and the highest temperature possible is best for quickly melting the cheese etc before the crust begins to burn or your pizza dries out , and the hottest temperatures are found at the top off your hooded bbq ( for best results without a stone) , and you can even use tin cans to get your tray up higher if need be (away from the flames ).

Last edited:
That's some good advice and thanks. The pizza oven is planned also for baking bread/rolls/cakes/etc - you have not lived until you have a fresh sourdough loaf from a wood fired oven. Well, sex might occasionally be better but it's too hot for that here.

Balidavo, fantastic read : I am sure that we are all hoping and wishing we'd get an invite to your place one day. Makes me want to take my things out of storage and bring over the Weber. Great advice and you are completely right!

Markit, when you get the pizza oven done, maybe we could all have poker game at your place!!! Pizza and poker; wood fired pizza even better! :))

That's a plan!

And Annan:

anything said in German sounds harsh

anything said in Arabic, angry

anything said in French, sexy

in American, authoratative

in Hebrew, bargaining

in Nigerian, happy

in English, thirsty

etc, etc.

Let the flames begin... \'L)

Last edited:
so, we won't talk, we'll just eat pizza and play poker! well, maybe a drink or two as well! I can bring homemade pizzas when you have the oven ready!!! :)

Back