jiminc

Feb 19, 2013
It is surprising to see all the frustration regarding ISPs in Bali, and yet not once was Neuviz mentioned. It is by far one the best internet provider in Bali, especially for your businesses. I ahve been using it for the past 2 years and recomended it to many of friends who likewise have been very happy with the service.

just google it neuviz for the website

cheers

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Checked the website, and it doesn't mention Bali anywhere?

regarding the wireless internet..
(from website)
Why Neuviz?

Our team of professionals have extensive experience in the planning, designing and deployment of infrastructures, including networking, VSAT, Internet, VoIP, ISP, Fiber Cabling, Metro Ethernet, Wide Area Networking, network security, VPN, website design and hosting, Internetworking as well as ICT consultancy.

We operate an “open access” network 24 hours a day and seven days a week, giving users the choice of multiple service providers. In addition, we manage our networks in an open, non-discriminatory and transparent way.

doesn't the what's written in red mean, using telkomsel/im2/im3/XL/etcetc...?
basically what I am asking "what does neuviz actually change?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The web-site is a total waste of space - just hype with no information like coverage areas, speeds, costs or anything. The OP just signed up to send this one and only post. I guess we will never hear from her/him again.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
The web-site is a total waste of space - just hype with no information like coverage areas, speeds, costs or anything. The OP just signed up to send this one and only post. I guess we will never hear from her/him again.

The website is a waste of space, I agree, but their service is awesome. I have been using them for a year now and have only had 2 periods of downtime, both for under a few hours. One time it was due to construction on Sunset road that knocked down their tower and I got a BBM message alerting me of the interruption and again when it came back on. Then they discounted me by rp 250,000 for the month because of the inconvenience.

I don't know what they mean by using other service providers, they install an antennae on your roof, no other equipment.

My package costs rp 1jt per month and has a aspeed of 2mbps both down and up. Speeds are ALWAYS above 1.5mbps so nice to see them not taking advantage of the whole "up to" trick.

I have recommended them to several friends, all of which have been very happy.

I'm not trying to promote them, and Ron, I can see why you perceived the first post as spam. As the only relieable internet option I have found in Bali in 5 years though, I just thought I would clear that up.

Oh yea, as far as coverage area, they cover the whole south and up to Ubud and Tabanan but don't serve north of there as per the last time I asked.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
The website is a waste of space, I agree, but their service is awesome. I have been using them for a year now and have only had 2 periods of downtime, both for under a few hours. One time it was due to construction on Sunset road that knocked down their tower and I got a BBM message alerting me of the interruption and again when it came back on. Then they discounted me by rp 250,000 for the month because of the inconvenience.

I don't know what they mean by using other service providers, they install an antennae on your roof, no other equipment.

My package costs rp 1jt per month and has a aspeed of 2mbps both down and up. Speeds are ALWAYS above 1.5mbps so nice to see them not taking advantage of the whole "up to" trick.

I'm not trying to promote them, and Ron, I can see why you perceived the first post as spam. As the only relieable internet option I have found in Bali in 5 years though, I just thought I would clear that up.

Oh yea, as far as coverage area, they cover the whole south and up to Ubud and Tabanan but don't serve north of there as per the last time I asked.
You clarified a lot, and it is appreciated. In an isolated area such as Jembrana I always cling to new hope. When all else fails there are always tom-toms.

jiminc

Feb 19, 2013
Checked the website, and it doesn't mention Bali anywhere?

regarding the wireless internet..
(from website)
Why Neuviz?

Our team of professionals have extensive experience in the planning, designing and deployment of infrastructures, including networking, VSAT, Internet, VoIP, ISP, Fiber Cabling, Metro Ethernet, Wide Area Networking, network security, VPN, website design and hosting, Internetworking as well as ICT consultancy.

We operate an “open access” network 24 hours a day and seven days a week, giving users the choice of multiple service providers. In addition, we manage our networks in an open, non-discriminatory and transparent way.

doesn't the what's written in red mean, using telkomsel/im2/im3/XL/etcetc...?
basically what I am asking "what does neuviz actually change?

agree that the website is shit, but their service is awesome so far :)

their office number is 0361 8475626 email is bali[at]neuviz.net.id

aloha :icon_wink:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
.................. I have been using them for a year now and have only had 2 periods of downtime, both for under a few hours. One time it was due to construction on Sunset road that knocked down their tower and I got a BBM message alerting me of the interruption and again when it came back on. Then they discounted me by rp 250,000 for the month because of the inconvenience.

Thanks Cali, this info from someone real, is just what's needed.

The price is similar to Telkom Speedy, so that's fair.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Similar in price but a world of difference in reliability. I never recommend anyone that I know to install speedy these days, even if they already have a phone line in their house.

Jan 13, 2012
Anybody experience with Biznet?
My current isp's backbone in Singapore gives me nightmares...

Thanks, Hugo

My friend just got Biznet on at his new office a month ago and so far speed is good. He took the 2mb plan. My problem with Biznet is the 24 month contract. Installation was 1 juta.

Can someone confirm the installation cost for Neuviz and also any fixed term contract necessary?

Cheers.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
My friend just got Biznet on at his new office a month ago and so far speed is good. He took the 2mb plan. My problem with Biznet is the 24 month contract. Installation was 1 juta.

Can someone confirm the installation cost for Neuviz and also any fixed term contract necessary?

Cheers.

Installation with Neuviz is 1.5jt but no contract. Your friend was lucky to get installed with Biznet for so cheap, he must live very close to a main road that serves fiber optic infrastructure.

A couple years back I installed Biznet and they needed to install 4 large poles in my gang to get the fiber optic connection to the house. Installation was 4 million but I own the poles. On a side note, if anyone wants to buy some poles, they are still standing and I still own them. You haul away hahahaha

My experience with Biznet was spotty. THeir speeds were up and down all day and entire networks of sites like google and facebook would get blocked for 20+ minutes several times a day. These are problems they may have fixed by now and at the time I was still happy just to have such a connection in Bali.

Now with Neuviz, I wouldn't recommend Biznet anymore. Between the 24 month contract and the limited range of the current fiber optic infrastructure, they just can't compete with what I've got installed now.

heerhugo

Jan 5, 2009
Sanur
Thanks for the answers on Biznet, they quote a installation fee of 6,5juta, for the poles and cable. My problem is the 24 months contract....if the speed and connection is ok but what if it drops after a few months...
Calitobali...what connection you are using right know?

thanks,

Hugo

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I am using Neuviz now. For the record, I didn't extend my lease on my house with about 14 months left to go in my Biznet contract. They didn't serve where I was moving to, so moving the connection there wasn't an option. I just left and all I got was a single email saying I owed them for breaking my contract. I just ignored it and nothing happened.

I still recommend Neuviz over any other provider but if you have to go with Biznet, I don't think they really have a way of enforcing that contract too strictly.

Jan 13, 2012
Thanks for the info calitobali. Re Biznet, you are right, the fibre already ran along the street so it was a simple install.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
still not clear about the multiple service providers that one can choose from :boxing:

I will take a stab at it. Neuviz has network connections in Jakarta, Bandung and Bali. THese will be connected together into what you could call the "private Neuviz network" But then they must get a connection (or multiple connections) from their private network to "the Internet".

A road analogy would have "the Internet" being a major public highway systme (such as the Interstate highways in the US). The Neuviz private network is like the streets in a small estate containing all their customers. Now you could connect the estate to the public highway system using a single narrow connector road which may often become congested, or you could have multiple connector roads feeding onto different Interstate highways. They are claiming the second when they say
Domestic Bandwidth

Currently the 3rd Indonesian Internet Exchange (IIX - 3) is located in NEUVIZ Data Center. The connectivity between NEUVIZ networks and IIX –3 is 1 (one) Gigabit per second (1024 Mbps), and connectivity between NEUVIZ’s networks and OpenIXP is using fiber optic at 10 Gigabit per second (10 Gbps), we also connected our networks to one of promising exchange in south east asia which is MCS-IX, MCS-IX is connected to Major exchange in asia like Equinix-IX and HKIX, while having another private peering to Google, Yahoo, Akamai and other world classa content provider.

International Bandwidth

NEUVIZ is peering with STIX, TATA Telecommunication and Equinix Internet Exchange using Matrix Submarine Cable System as a main International Backbone. The backup of the International Backbone, NEUVIZ is peering with Indosat using APCN and SEAMEWE-3 submarine cable.