heerhugo

Jan 5, 2009
Sanur
See the attachments for the proposal i got from neuviz, looks interesting for me.....

Grts, Hugo

Attachments

• neuviz1.jpg
    neuviz1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 258
  • neuviz2.jpg
    neuviz2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 207

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Interesting that they now seem to have a contract built into their terms. As of just last month when I had them install in a friend's place, they had said their terms were just a "gentleman's agreement".

donfuego

Apr 20, 2009
Denpasar, Bali
I will copy my post to this thread as well.

We been using Neuviz 2 Mbit dedicated (Rp 5,000,000 /mo) for 2 months at work now and it's been pretty stable so far. Speeds are 2 Mbit most of the time.

For my home connection I got Speedy 2 Mbit and the speed is really good, 2 Mbit down and 0,5 Mbit up 99% of the time. However the connection has been dropping a lot lately and for 1 week it didn't work at all. They blamed it on the wind :)

I've been using speedy for 1 year and about 90% of the time it's been working flawlessly. Still the best value for the money I believe.

donfuego

Apr 20, 2009
Denpasar, Bali
@Markit: Like Ron said, you need a phone line to get Speedy. For SIM/3G internet I would probably look into Telkomsel Flash, they have a lot of different options for different kinds of "use".

heerhugo

Jan 5, 2009
Sanur
Hi Hugo,

So month later, did you go with these guys and how has it been?

Cheers,

I visited there office, and discussed some options with them, then they should contact me back....
So till now nothing heared from them....so i will contact them again....almost forgotten we are in still in Bali...

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
1 month passed by without a follow up?
They should employ better marketing staff, hope the service is better than the marketing department efforts, LOL

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Heres a tip for all those Smartfren users that want to save a few dollars. Instead of buying credit every month, just but a new USB Modem with 2 months credit on it every 2 months. Its the same price at IDR 300,000 and it will save you toping up every month. You can also sell your old USB Modems for IDR 75,000.

donfuego

Apr 20, 2009
Denpasar, Bali
Just a little tip for Telkomsel Simpati customers who want a backup internet solution for their smartphone or just need a low volume option, they have a 600 Mb packet for Rp 25,000 /month which I have found quite handy. It seems to be one of the best low-volume/"long term" packets at the moment as most low-volume packets are only valid for 7 days. The speed is on par with Smartfren. Beware that the packet will be automatically renewed every 30 days unless you opt-out.

Info here (Flash Ultima): Paket Flash simPATI - Telkomsel

To enable internet with this packet you may have to "opt-in" by sending a SMS with the words FLASH ON to number 3636 first.

To opt-out send SMS: FLASH OFF to 3636.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

smitherd9

May 30, 2012
Denpasar
Has anyone heard of or tried Gecko Internet yet? They offer dedicated lines at 1 mil Rp/1mbps. This is supposedly symmetrical meaning that you get 1 mbps download and upload. So if you want 2 mbps, that's 2 mil Rp, 3 mil and so on. Where I live is barely out of their area but I'm wondering if anyone lives in Kerobokan, Kuta, Canggu or Jimbaran that has tried them. They say they will be expanding to Sanur and East DPS in January...

Oh also, they say there are no setup costs.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just wondering if there's any new info on this subject around? In the last few weeks have seen billboards with various promises about huge Gigabytage for tiny Rupiage.

When I enquire the schemes are diabolically complex.

For instance 12 Gb but only for one month for IDR60k but only between 1am and 9am in the morning with all kinds of "ifs" and "buts".

Actually thought about doing it for a month to catch up on my movie downloads after the Oscars - anyone have any experience of them (Speedy? Telekomsel - or are they the same?).

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Markit

donfuego

Apr 20, 2009
Denpasar, Bali
Smartfren used to have an Unlimited option for 90 rb / month if memory serves. It was slow but truly unlimited - great for downloading big stuff. I can't seem to find that option anymore. It was probably bad for business.

For those who are in the right area Global Xtreme now offers "Fiber optics" "up to" 6 Mbit. Starting at 1,000 rb / mo for 3 Mbit option. Would love to hear how they actually perform. I'm always wary when the words "up to" are included.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
I have a 100k Smartfren package that includes 5GB and another 12GB between 2-8 AM. It's not superfast where I live now. It was much faster where I used to live.

Gozer

Jul 1, 2013
Denpasar, Bali
I recently found 'Big TV' for television it is a decent price but what really has me interested is the internet they offer. Has anyone used them? The website says up to 72 mps. With speed that high and their prices so low I feel like it is a scam but thought I would ask if anyone knows one way or the other.