Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It's a hormonal highball for all those post-menopausal divorcees that are afraid of plastic surgery.

Other than that it's crap:icon_biggrin:

fordprefect

Jun 7, 2007
Groover Beach, California, USA
It's a hormonal highball for all those post-menopausal divorcees that are afraid of plastic surgery.

Other than that it's crap:icon_biggrin:

Much too charitable if you ask me--this production was dreamed up in an accountant's office.

Nothing at all to do with travel or enlightenment.

That's a disc rental fee and a hundred or so minutes of my life completely wasted.

bunny

Feb 8, 2011
Good for her! I hope her story instills more religious tolerance in people here in America.

Somehow I think life for women here in Bali isn't actually rosy at all, and one needs to be specific here when talking about Hinduism. Its Balinese Hinduism.

Last edited:

kayoticlaudia

Mar 10, 2011
Indonesia & Germany
My friend watched the movie and then complained to me that I had told her Ubud was not close to a beach..... I was stumped and did not know how to reply.

For my part I fell asleep watching the movie but that has more to do with the fact that I watched on a flight over from.... yes Bali. I missed the whole section on Bali. I like Julia Roberts but will admit I've seen her in better movies.

mastercaster

Nov 10, 2010
Dedoo said .. "The book is called non fiction, but there are many stories of imagination in this book." That is exactly right and well put
(he would know) !

I ended up reading the book on a visit to the states a few years before they filmed the movie ... just got to say .. I was pretty amused when I
found out who the main subjects were & how they were portrayed ... :icon_rolleyes:

In the biz they call it "artistic license" .. or stretching the truth :highly_amused:

jennmark

Oct 12, 2012
Late to the game here, I know, but for me the worst part of the movie *was* the Bali part. How can Julia R get practically fluent in Italian so quickly, yet still not manage to pronounce "Ketut" correctly? I kinda felt the movie was a bit disrespectful in that regard, but I guess that's mainly because Bali is a big part of who I feel I am now (trying not to sound all inner-peace etc, but it's still true). I haven't read the book (and doubt now that I will) but I hope it was better than the film. Personally, I didn't like it.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
No negatives allowed, so I cannot speak up. The administrator has forbidden to give negative comments.

Which admin was that then? The book was garbage, the movie worse and J. Roberts looks more "horsey" every time she opens her enormous gob.

If you want something positive: I'm positive the whole thing was strictly for menopausal American "gee whiz" bimbos whose vibrator was on the blink or had committed suicide.

justinbali

Feb 17, 2013
Which admin was that then? The book was garbage, the movie worse and J. Roberts looks more "horsey" every time she opens her enormous gob.

If you want something positive: I'm positive the whole thing was strictly for menopausal American "gee whiz" bimbos whose vibrator was on the blink or had committed suicide.

It says so in the title of the thread : no negatives.

I thoroughly and fully agree with you on this subject.

By the way, heaps of tourists still fall in this trap : they run to Ketut Lyer, the "real paranormal guy" and get the same crap from him : you will be happy, sometimes not happy, 50 dollar please, next one. Hallo, sometimes you will not be happy. 50 dollar please.

The soothsayer has earned billions of rupiah !

justinbali

Feb 17, 2013
Don't take everything so seriously and you'll have more fun and fewer ulcers.

It has now been scientifically proven that ulcers are caused by a bacterium and not by stress. An Australian doctor has received the Nobel Prize for these findings.

I enjoy life : healthy sex life with multiple partners, alcohol and cigarettes.