Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
They do make bottle holders for the scooters so you can drink and drive just like in a car :icon_wink:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
BTW, I did the maths
I already own 3 cars in Australia and just sold 3 of my 2-wheelers (a Harley and a SUZUKI dirt bike and a KAWASAKI dirt bike with 1 remaining HONDA here)

I can rent a 4-wheeler here for Rp400K for an o/niter
A 4-wheeler here costs around Rp200jt approx to buy
Dividing 400K into 2Jt is approx 500
If I go somewhere in a 4-wheeler, 500 times is a lot when I am already 60 yrs old
Besok I drive a 4-wheeler and the last time I did it was early August
500 times at, say, ten times a year is 50 years
I will not be here then
Neither will you
Plus, I get a recent model each time
Do the maths

I rent a Suzuki Jeep (various and well looked after) for 1.6 juta a month. If I have any problems or anything needs adjusting or repairing I call Mr. Muka and he or one of his many sons comes to get it with a mechanic. I'm too lazy to buy and if I did I'd have to look after the damned thing.

Works out to 50k a day or 2 Bintang.

I've been renting now for about 4 years so do the maths your self. If you are paying 400k a day it must make your ass hurt.

P

paulseawind

They do make bottle holders for the scooters so you can drink and drive just like in a car :icon_wink:

Yes
The HONDA Vario has 2 'open pockets' just in front of where your knees go
The left side is deep enough to hold a 600ml water bottle
But riding and swigging a Bintang would not be so enjoyable, I think
Best to pull in somewhere and have a tallie

P

paulseawind

If you are paying 400k a day it must make your a-s-s hurt.

I only pay that for start 7am and bring back 5pm next day
Today I am paying 300 for 24 hours
In fact, he his here now 20 mins ahead of the 07:30 appointed time

We are going to Kusamba and then Bedugul and then home
Not enough time this one for Sanur, sad to say

But with family you'd need a car so that deal makes sense for you
I haven't needed a car for 2 years except when I want to take a run around somewhere
My VARIO costs next to nothing to run and is a little rocket and easy to drive but the dangers on the road still exist

It is a lot busier here than where you are
I have been thru K'asem about 4-5 times and always fairly quiet by comparison to the North
Having the one main road means everyone is out there together and some of the maniacs aren't happy taking their turn

Fair dinkum mate, I kid you not, it is dangerous out there

P

paulseawind

I think you subliminally affected me with your comment
Yesterday, as I was inbound to CandiDasa (about 40-50 kms north actually) I stopped to get some water
I saw a can of Anker in their fridge so I got that as well
I admit to having half a can before lunch and tipping the rest because that was 'just enough'