Where do you people live where you get all of these snakes? I've had a house with an open air living room before and I have never in 4 years had a single snake anywhere near my home.

I live on the Bukit, it's only been the past 12 months that we've had snakes and we have many, mostly harmless, some beautiful and unfortunately some small ones have eaten by our very large cat (he has a love hate relationship with snakes). Must be all the building works going on has sent them out of the jungle as we also had a monkey last month and 9 new wild dogs, one very large unhappy lizard has moved into the pond at our Temple as well.

Umm, I think you missed the part where I said we had puppies, we have 4 dogs and we did not want to risk their lives. One cobra was a spitting cobra, a dog can't do much when it's been spat in the eyes from 2 metres away (ask our cat who is still suffering from that experience). We'd prefer not to kill them, but they are a worry, both were about 2 metres and very aggressive towards our dogs.

I'd rather not kill them but if your dog spots and kills a snake before it has a chance to bite you when you step out of your car or into your house then I prefer it this way.

Puppies won't be of much help though but if they can spot the snake and alarm you (bark I would guess) before the snake bits you then much better.

the 'problem' with cobra's in Bali is that people are hostile towards them and so only the aggressive/defensive survive...selective breeding as an unconscious fearful choice... to avoid them,think about what attracts them-rats and mice as food source is why you may find them in around a kitchen. Last breeding season we had a rodent population boom due to depressed snake populations thanks to scared human predators...and that in turn led to a increase in the balance ... more snakes.
By the way april is breeding season for pythons and the like,so we may be seeing young snakes soon.
a note about young snakes-if poisonous species-the're more dangerous than mature snakes,because just like humans they don't know when to stop and tend to give all the've got if they bite you out of fear,and trust me- you look big and scary to a small new being that slithers along the ground and naturally is always attacked from above...

so look where you walk and live and let live

another time we see snakes is when they are driven out of the rice fields during harvest-not cobra's but sometimes the green snake that is a viper and has venom that damages tissue - not usually life threatening but still painful to say the least.

LOL...
I couldn't understand that why people are interested to find such and injurious and dangerous
solution for their problem. I mean, don't you see cobra is reasonable for that?? Technology has
groomed unlimited and facilitating you with kinda varieties of solution for such problems. Hope you
got.

LOL...
I couldn't understand that why people are interested to find such and injurious and dangerous
solution for their problem. I mean, don't you see cobra is reasonable for that?? Technology has
groomed unlimited and facilitating you with kinda varieties of solution for such problems. Hope you
got.

I just cannot understand any part of this post and I’ve read it a few times. Is this from a Google translate?

Back