Mr T Arif Bawah

Oct 10, 2010
sorry I´m no native speaker MY tradesmen??

you got to be kidding be of course there are no red bricks in this calculation

yes all included (for 4.5 just kamper? :icon_rolleyes:)

We´re doing our own developments so no financial interest in this discussion let me keep that straight, but maybe you can publish here some borongan & material prices of your contractor might be interesting for others?

Take care, marc

Tell me the spec you want and I'll be pleased to give an Indo-Spons blue book price.

Where do you buy your 50N blocks? Holcim or is there someone else?

Mr T Arif Bawah

Oct 10, 2010
An interesting little line is " I would rather be looking at it, than looking for it" and comes to mind when building and tendering specs.......

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Re 50N Bricks, ever consider this?

Source: www.doityourself.com

One of the many different types of building bricks, limestone bricks are highly popular because of their durability and hardiness. Limestone bricks are one of the oldest types of building materials. Many ancient structures, like the pyramids in Egypt, were built with large limestone blocks cut directly from quarries. Today, limestone bricks are still popular in new construction and landscape elements.

Quarry Cut

One of the reasons that many people will use limestone bricks over other types of building materials is that they are cut directly from quarries instead of being made from powders. Limestone bricks are a natural element that has a tight grain and variety of colors.

Strong and Durable

Limestone bricks, because they are cut from natural stone, are very strong and durable. These bricks will last for many years without any cracks or erosion. When used to form a retaining wall, foundation wall or driveway, homeowners can be very confident that replacement costs are going to be minimal.

Readily Available

We have the BUKIT!

Easy to Work With

While the brick is incredibly hard and durable, it is also easy to work with, cut, and install.

Weather Resistant

Limestone bricks are great to work with because they hold up to weather much better than other types of building materials. They must be sealed against water, but they will not expand or crack. Limestone does soak up water after time so a sealant is required.

Less Expensive than Other Stones

When it comes to keeping within a budget, the limestone bricks will help homeowners stretch their dollar value. Because limestone is readily available, the costs are kept low for the consumer.

Great Conductor of Heat

In the warmer regions of the country, limestone bricks is a great conductor of heat. This means that homes that are built with limestone bricks will have a much cooler interior. It is a natural way to keep a home cool without resorting to air conditioning.

Holds Paint Well

The natural colors of limestone bricks are quite nice, but there are times when a homeowner will want to paint over the bricks themselves. Limestone, while does soak up the first coat, will hold paint well for many years. There is less maintenance to the paint with limestone bricks than other types of building materials. Bright colors look the best as it still shows off the grain and texture.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hahaha...very funny stuff to read, yes i can - no you can't - yes i can - no you can't, but if you can then it's done like this......l in my opinion not very helpful for the original poster, but that's just me

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
Re:LIMESTONE BRICKS

@SAKUMABALI:
can you give us all an indication of the price for limestonebricks and possibly a provider?
Gilbert revived this thread after a while,so while rereading it i thougt it is worth investigating.
Thanks in advance,Hermit.

Mickey

Dec 7, 2010
Wood Bungaluw or cement and bricks

Hello,

i m making a research to start building my 8 bungalow resort. before i engage with the contractor i would like to know which option will be more interesting Wood bungalow or cement & bricks bungalow?

Thanks in advance.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hello,

i m making a research to start building my 8 bungalow resort. before i engage with the contractor i would like to know which option will be more interesting Wood bungalow or cement & bricks bungalow?

Thanks in advance.

maybe starting a new thread will give you some more replies...
but as a response to your question, it would be wise to meet with an architect... I mean a 8 bungalow resort sounds like a pretty big investment, would be a shame if it's going to be a 'resort' just in name, if you know what I mean.
Alot to think of other then wood or cement bungalows... landscaping/gardens (including the bungalows), swimmingpool(s), positioning of this all in regards of privacy and in regards of other buildings like maintanance/laundry/restaurant, etcetc...just to name a few things to keep in mind.
But if you've already tought of these things...I would like to know, how/what you mean with "more interesting option"?
friendly greetings, gilbert.

komangkiwi57

Jan 4, 2011
sumbi denpasar
rammedearth limestone villa in kerobokan

just looking at this thread about building in bali well i have a alternative rammed limestone a common practice in western australia i have built three villas in kerobokan two storey from limestone trucked in from jymbaran as i like to keep this a niche market i used 8% concrete and 92% limestone as i have had many visitors to my proyek wondering how why and what this knowledge is to a privy:icon_e_ugeek: few the results are outstanding and with the walls at 400mm thick there is no need for air-conditioning:icon_e_smile: if you require anymore evidence then facebook bali griya rammedearth solutions this is a new concept in building to a greener planet

komangkiwi57

Jan 4, 2011
sumbi denpasar
rammedearth

hi mikey i understand what your going through and where you want to go well i built 3 villa from rammed lime stone and it worked out better than cement so my advice check out my proyek on face book and see what you think facebook bali griya rammedearth solutions

cheers mate

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

komangkiwi57

Jan 4, 2011
sumbi denpasar

hermit

search facebook bali griya rammedearth solutions

cheers mate

@SAKUMABALI:
can you give us all an indication of the price for limestonebricks and possibly a provider?
Gilbert revived this thread after a while,so while rereading it i thougt it is worth investigating.
Thanks in advance,Hermit.

komangkiwi57

Jan 4, 2011
sumbi denpasar

search facebook bali griya rammedearth solutions

cheers

Re 50N Bricks, ever consider this?

Source: DIY Home Improvement Information | DoItYourself.com

One of the many different types of building bricks, limestone bricks are highly popular because of their durability and hardiness. Limestone bricks are one of the oldest types of building materials. Many ancient structures, like the pyramids in Egypt, were built with large limestone blocks cut directly from quarries. Today, limestone bricks are still popular in new construction and landscape elements.

Quarry Cut

One of the reasons that many people will use limestone bricks over other types of building materials is that they are cut directly from quarries instead of being made from powders. Limestone bricks are a natural element that has a tight grain and variety of colors.

Strong and Durable

Limestone bricks, because they are cut from natural stone, are very strong and durable. These bricks will last for many years without any cracks or erosion. When used to form a retaining wall, foundation wall or driveway, homeowners can be very confident that replacement costs are going to be minimal.

Readily Available

We have the BUKIT!

Easy to Work With

While the brick is incredibly hard and durable, it is also easy to work with, cut, and install.

Weather Resistant

Limestone bricks are great to work with because they hold up to weather much better than other types of building materials. They must be sealed against water, but they will not expand or crack. Limestone does soak up water after time so a sealant is required.

Less Expensive than Other Stones

When it comes to keeping within a budget, the limestone bricks will help homeowners stretch their dollar value. Because limestone is readily available, the costs are kept low for the consumer.

Great Conductor of Heat

In the warmer regions of the country, limestone bricks is a great conductor of heat. This means that homes that are built with limestone bricks will have a much cooler interior. It is a natural way to keep a home cool without resorting to air conditioning.

Holds Paint Well

The natural colors of limestone bricks are quite nice, but there are times when a homeowner will want to paint over the bricks themselves. Limestone, while does soak up the first coat, will hold paint well for many years. There is less maintenance to the paint with limestone bricks than other types of building materials. Bright colors look the best as it still shows off the grain and texture.

Mickey

Dec 7, 2010
maybe starting a new thread will give you some more replies...
but as a response to your question, it would be wise to meet with an architect... I mean a 8 bungalow resort sounds like a pretty big investment, would be a shame if it's going to be a 'resort' just in name, if you know what I mean.
Alot to think of other then wood or cement bungalows... landscaping/gardens (including the bungalows), swimmingpool(s), positioning of this all in regards of privacy and in regards of other buildings like maintanance/laundry/restaurant, etcetc...just to name a few things to keep in mind.
But if you've already tought of these things...I would like to know, how/what you mean with "more interesting option"?
friendly greetings, gilbert.

Hoi gilbert,
i will start a new thread. dank je :)