G

Gurkha

Bread makers are OK. however the recipes often call for 'bread improver' which is really not necessary. If you get a Sunbeam from Australia, throw away the recipe book - it is worth than useless.
I would avoid anything from Ace if you want something that will last longer than 3 months.
The Pantry Magic shop in Kuta has some good one like Zojirushi, or Kenwood.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Markit I was just at Lottomart and the bread pans are 21,000 rupiah . Thats cheaper then 2 Bintangs :icon_rolleyes:

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
^ but they both bread makers and that is what you asked for in the title...sheesh...no helping some people.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
no mis understandings , just trying to give you alternatives. also would give your staff some work

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I have been making my own bread in a bread maker for a number of years. I average three loaves every two days. I use a Panasonic bread maker brought to me from Australia.
The ingredients are readily available in Sanur. Our tourists often comment on the bread because it is does not have the high sugar content of most of the local crap they call bread.
Do not use rice flour in the bread. The loaf will resemble a brick.
The Bread Basket in Sanur turn out a very good Ciabatta bread. This is ideal for sandwiches and burgers.
When the Caveman (Markit) comes out of the jungle I will give him a few hints on how to make bread. It just annoys me when he drags his knuckles around on the kitchen floor.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
P.S. In two weeks time Smoke is having a quiet little party at his place. Does anyone want the address?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
no mis understandings , just trying to give you alternatives. also would give your staff some work

Thanks Sam and Smoke but you forgot to mention the little extra thing you need with your pan.

images

A fecking oven!

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I would guess no.idea is catering it?

Will there be cheese?

Go on then?

The Banjar was very helpful but only rule I have is no cheese( they were not moving on that point ! sorry Markit

no.idea assisted with the places to purchase needed items . All food will be prepared and cooked on premise except for the babi guling

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Caveman you could not find the Man Shed which has a bloody great big sign at the front. How the hell will you find Jalan Tukad Bilok?

(oops, sorry Smoke, I did not mean to write that)

no.idea if caveman cant find the Man Shed with a huge sign and flags waving ( saying here is the man shed ,here is the man shed ) how do you expect him to to find rice patties in Lovely Sanur ?

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Whats the date and time?? :eagerness:

date and time of no.ideas late night pool party ?I not think he knows yet But I am sure it may be soon and he not know it :icon_evil::icon_e_biggrin::icon_rolleyes:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
OP - what happened next?

Aside from all party promises and lies, here is what happened to the BREAD MACHINE SAGA.

Finally become resolved to the sad fact that no fecker was going to give me a bread machine to experiment with and due to the continued (never-fecking-ending) prodding of "she who must be obeyed" I decided to put on some clothes, start real early and try and find DumpassR to do a search for the holy BREAD MACHINE to buy(sadly).

Went to Mitral11, Hypermarket, ACE, several points in between and finally Carrefour. None of them had anything like what I was looking for but, as I'm sure you're all familiar with, they all said something to the affect that "yes, just finished Boss" or pointed me at an oven or "Yes, just here! Oh sorry all gone now!".

Until, happy days, the young lovely at Carrefour said quite matter-of-factly yes here you are. And for the princely sum of 2.1 juta I was the proud owner of the last, the very last, bread machine in all of Bali - it was the last display model.

That should have set alarm bells ringing but you have to understand that I was so euphoric at having actually appeased "she who must be obeyed" and had visions of my reward dancing in my pants that I just paid and left before something happened to turn it all to crud.

Those of you who have cooler heads will have seen the error of my ways: The Display Model - was missing small pieces of no consequence like the rotor that kneads the dough and the measuring cups that must be exactly followed if your end product is to be edible.

Luckily I had already reaped my reward as on the next day this deficiency became clear when reading the hated User Manual. Again, luckily Carrefour and the pretty girl gave me back my hard earned and I was again asked that hateful question "What the fuck are we doing here in a country with one broken bread machine per 5 million people!".

You answers on a 100,000 Rupiah note please.

Markit

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
so sorry about your bread machine saga . Most would have figured with all your infinite wisdom about Bali and RI you would of been more careful.