gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
My eyes are getting bad, Gilbert from the floor plan do your guest walk through the kitchen then the bedroom, before they can sit down & look at the view?
I think with the six trees in front you may not even see the hotel.
Now I would think that they would widen Jl 66 as it is one way, its hard enough to get down to the beach now, but with 150 extra rooms with 85% full.
Oceans is only a stone throw down the road so I don't see this as a new concept. this one in seminyak & the oceans is in legian

:highly_amused:...there's no kitchen buddy..from the entry door one has to make a right turn not to walk into a wall/closet (only thing balinese, since ghost cant make turns :icon_rolleyes:) left again to go straight to bed or past the bed you have a sitting area, with past that a half in half outside diningtable.
if you dont turn left towards the bed, but go straight and right again, you'll find the bathroom...bathtub on the right and double washbasins opposite of eachother, leftupper-corner standing showerbooth and beside it a toilet...
btw, 'your guest' ?? I wouldn't wanna be involved with this even if he could guarantee a 12%% ROI per year.
as for the road widening, I don't see enough space for even a oneway road along the swimmingpoolside...let alone a double road..road costs money, and don't make money.

@calitobali, Employing local balinese people, is a way of implenting 'power' to a region...somewhat same as an expat hiring people from the village to build his/her house or/and staff for when it's build...know what I mean? I am not saying kadek is a bad person, he's a very smart businessman.

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Hmm I was sure at first look it was a kitchen as well but with a double look I guess that square with the hole in it might be the bathtub... Which is strange to me - the shower is behind a door, but the tub is in an open space? Uh.... pass.

I'm not a big prude by any means, but bathtubs really require doors.

mand2020

Jan 28, 2011
Negative?

Hi All

I appreciate your comments, but its a shame to see so much negativity surrounding this development. As stated the Balinese feel is definitely more in the interior not the exterior both of which are being refined at planning stage. The studios and rooms are quite large also with the average size being 140m2 so much bigger than a standard hotel room (35 - 40m2) The road issue is also being addressed with the Banjar as there are another 2 much larger hotels being built in the same street owned by Jakarta / Chinese groups which will add an additional 700 rooms (one 300 room the other 400 room) 66 Suites and Residence is on much larger land with only 150 rooms / apartments

It is considered low density because the development only utilises 40% of the available footprint of land (government allows built up area up to 60%)

And yes....Kadek is balinese and is a businessman (didnt think that was criminal) but also inisists that most of the staff he employs are Balinese (which currently consists of around 3,500 people across the Island)

Lastly (yes I am one of his biggest fans) his philanthropic contributions back into the Island are never reported or discussed and i can assure you they are quite considerable!

...again my 2 cents worth

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Hi All

I appreciate your comments, but its a shame to see so much negativity surrounding this development. As stated the Balinese feel is definitely more in the interior not the exterior both of which are being refined at planning stage. The studios and rooms are quite large also with the average size being 140m2 so much bigger than a standard hotel room (35 - 40m2) The road issue is also being addressed with the Banjar as there are another 2 much larger hotels being built in the same street owned by Jakarta / Chinese groups which will add an additional 700 rooms (one 300 room the other 400 room) 66 Suites and Residence is on much larger land with only 150 rooms / apartments

It is considered low density because the development only utilises 40% of the available footprint of land (government allows built up area up to 60%)

And yes....Kadek is balinese and is a businessman (didnt think that was criminal) but also inisists that most of the staff he employs are Balinese (which currently consists of around 3,500 people across the Island)

Lastly (yes I am one of his biggest fans) his philanthropic contributions back into the Island are never reported or discussed and i can assure you they are quite considerable!

so, will you ask him when he will refund the hundreds of people he ripped off with the collapse of Air Paradise???? :icon_evil:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi All

If he wasnt a criminal why has he faced a court case quite recently where everyone is demanding he go to jail because of the sales between the new (terrible) Indian owners of breezers and the way he sold it?

The guy is a success no doubt about it, but he didnt get their without doing many dodgy deals along the way.

leandra

Feb 16, 2010
Hi All

hmmmmmmmmm employs 3500 people but not able to pay back borrowed money for flight tickets.