bean

Mar 26, 2010
I don't think I've ever been so stuck on where to buy something here. I've been looking for a good home treadmill. Ace Hardware has 2 models which are both terrible value for money. I once saw some on sale outside the Lotte Mart in Sanur - does anyone know if they are still there? Don't really want to drive an hour down there if it was a temporary store. Are there any shops that sell home gym equipment here? The internet is being no help at all.

Thanks in advance if you can suggest somewhere.

Cheers,
Amber.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Amber instead of driving down to Lotte mart why don't you just walk?

That way you won't need the fecking treadmill anyway... ;O)

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Yerp, should have figured someone would give me a smart ass, unhelpful response like that.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I would google "fitness studio equipment Bali", there was a shop in Jalan Teuku Umar where I bought mine some years ago, wasn't cheap though...

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Thanks sakumabali. I already googled that and several similar phrases but no luck. I might check out Jl Teuku Umar though. Not looking for something cheap, just something with reasonable specs for the price.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
There's a very expensive shop in the bali galeria (well at least there was one before), they sold this high end stuff for 5000-8000 USD
My treadmill was like 5 -7 million I believe, the name is Horizon Comfort 408

Hope that'll help...

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
im not sure if they still have then ( it was about 4-5 months ago ) , but I remember seeing good pro model types in a sports equipment store in the galleria

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
A couple of months ago I spent a day wandering around Denpasar and the the Kuta Galleria Mall looking at cross trainers. After looking at three different places in the Galleria I bought from the exercise equipment shop on the second floor. Don't remember the name but they delivered the cross trainer and set it up. They were great to deal with and I'd use them again.

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Thanks for all the helpful responses. Spent most of the day today checking out different places, including Tueku Umar and a few in Galleria.

This is what I found:

1. Treadmills in Bali cost approximately 3-4 times as much for similarly spec'd models in Australia. i.e. a treadmill of 4 continuous HP with a thick belt, 100 different programs, big LCD display and speakers can be found for $500-600 in Australia. Here you are pushing to find a model with 2 continuous HP and half of those perks for $1500-1900.
2. Apparently this is because of the luxury tax on sporting equipment in Indonesia, though it applies equally to equipment made here (e.g. AIBI) which seems odd.
3. Almost all of the models available here are very old and have been discontinued for years, making it difficult to find information about them.
4. There are a few cheap/rubbish models and a few super high end pro/commercial models, but very little in the mid-range.
5. The people selling them know almost nothing about the products and can't even give you basic specs.
6. Stores in Tueku Umar, Galleria & Carrefour are all FitPlus, but they all carry completely different models.

Having said that, I really want a treadmill and have decided that I will buy one anyway even though I'll be paying double what I originally budgeted. Treadmill-purchasing adversity is a small price to pay for the privilege of living here.

I'm going back to Galleria tomorrow to make a final decision. Essentially prices for similarly spec'd models are much the same in the different stores, and there are 3 places (including the Hypermart) in Galleria that sell fitness equipment so it's easiest to just go there.

Thanks again and enjoy your Bali days :)

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks for all the helpful responses. Spent most of the day today checking out different places, including Tueku Umar and a few in Galleria.

This is what I found:

1. Treadmills in Bali cost approximately 3-4 times as much for similarly spec'd models in Australia. i.e. a treadmill of 4 continuous HP with a thick belt, 100 different programs, big LCD display and speakers can be found for $500-600 in Australia. Here you are pushing to find a model with 2 continuous HP and half of those perks for $1500-1900.
2. Apparently this is because of the luxury tax on sporting equipment in Indonesia, though it applies equally to equipment made here (e.g. AIBI) which seems odd.
3. Almost all of the models available here are very old and have been discontinued for years, making it difficult to find information about them.
4. There are a few cheap/rubbish models and a few super high end pro/commercial models, but very little in the mid-range.
5. The people selling them know almost nothing about the products and can't even give you basic specs.
6. Stores in Tueku Umar, Galleria & Carrefour are all FitPlus, but they all carry completely different models.

Having said that, I really want a treadmill and have decided that I will buy one anyway even though I'll be paying double what I originally budgeted. Treadmill-purchasing adversity is a small price to pay for the privilege of living here.

I'm going back to Galleria tomorrow to make a final decision. Essentially prices for similarly spec'd models are much the same in the different stores, and there are 3 places (including the Hypermart) in Galleria that sell fitness equipment so it's easiest to just go there.

Thanks again and enjoy your Bali days :)

I have a good quality second hand for sale. Bought it in Galleria.

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Balibule can you PM me (or post) details and price? I'm kind of keen to get a new one with warranty, but I'd consider a second hand one if it was in good condition. Going out to buy in an hour or so though so you will have to catch me before then.

bean

Mar 26, 2010
Sorry - didn't realise you already had. For some reason I don't get emailed private messages.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi bean

The earliest I can send details is tonight if you haven't bought one already of course

bean

Mar 26, 2010
As it happens I haven't - an hour out to Galleria and an hour back in the traffic and FitPlus was closed - no sign indicating if/when they'll be open again :p So yes, please, send through details tonight.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Bean (and Annam if Bean isn't interested) can you send me your email address by PM so I can fwd you some pictures?

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
Ok boys & girls I also still have mine in the house, don't use it at all. good condition just the seat has to be replaced as my mother in law tried to use it and the left border of the seat is a bit loose now. Just in case someone might be interested I would sell it for a good price too.

A review:
Horizon Comfort 408 Recumbent Exercise Bike Review | Horizon Comfort 408 Recumbent Bike Best Deal | Exercise Bike Review - Find The Best Model At The Right Price For You!

A bit worried about how I would replace the seat - any suggestions? Also worried, that I might 'break' the seat as well!!!!
Looks great, especially since my 16 year old is on a rehabilitation program and if I can 'play' with the pedals, it might be great! (if she'll use it!)

let me know what you think we can do with the seat - a suggestion please as I am a bit lost when it comets to this sort of thing. Also, can you pm me with the price?
:)