SuperBukowski

May 11, 2012
Just moved to Bali after 3 years on Jakarta. Could you recommend a good place to meet other expats in Jimbaran or Uluwatu?

Thanx,

Tim

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Welcome to Bali and the best source of good cheer, information and rousing discussion on the island. What you asked, haven't got a fecking clue but throw a cheese and whisky night and as sure as rice is white I'll be there.:icon_e_biggrin:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Sadly Markit has no idea of anything. He hangs out with hermits and other similar minded gypsy folk in the remote east of Bali.
(they still communicate by tapping sticks together in that region)
He does not really want the cheese nor wine.
He is after the cardboard box that your fridge came in. He is planning to move south and live under the new overpass to Sanur. He needs the cardboard box for somewhere to live.
Please throw out food scraps at the 3.56 k point of the road.

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Hi,
would also be interested in meeting new people in Bali. I live in the Nusa Dua Area (sorry Markit, but at least I have enough cheese) so coming to Jimbaran or Uluwatu would be no problem for me,
Gabriele

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Good beginning - we've all managed to invite ourselves over so alls we need now is an address - doesn't really matter if you're home or not. Just leave the keys under the door mat and the fridge full of Binis and we will toast your arrival.

Actually thinking about it, it might be better if you aren't there as then we wouldn't feel so bad about trashing the place.

Of course we could all go tomorrow to the Duckz Nutz Friday Free Beer evening (starts at about 5:30, goes till all fall down). Bring your friends, if you have em.

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
There are no designated spots that I know of, I think everyone just goes where they like at the time.

If your up for it, then I personally like JWB Pizza at Jimbaran beach. The beer’s really cold and the food is not bad.

Euc-

Nov 28, 2012
There are no designated spots that I know of, I think everyone just goes where they like at the time.

If your up for it, then I personally like JWB Pizza at Jimbaran beach. The beer’s really cold and the food is not bad.

I live a 5 minute walk from JWB Pizza and to say that the beer is cold is an understatement; most of the time I get the ones that have already started to freeze :icon_mrgreen:

In any case, there is not much to do around here, yet.. ;)

Euc-

Nov 28, 2012
That actually makes us neighbours with a max of ten mins away from each other… interesting… Are you up the hill?

Soon the Le Meridien Smoqee Bar will be open. I imagine great views but excessive Bintang prices.

Not up the hill, I live near Jimbaran Corner.

I heard about the Meridien, but having a few friends working there and hearing about all the troubles they are having I gave it a miss up to now, perhaps in a few weeks/months when everything is reasonably settled down I'll go and have a look.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Poor old SuperBukowski seems to have been left out of the clusterf>ck. :ambivalence:

SB you can come over to my place next time you make it north of McDonalds - yes, that's Bali up here too.

Anbar

Sep 10, 2012
Apart from a cheese eating Hermit that apparently stalks the east of the island is there any life in the North or West of the island.
All I read about is "South Bali area"
@Markit Nice villa

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Can't imagine anything more disgusting than a pork pie in Bali's climate unless you smear it with the industrial waste the Ozzies eat (Vaginalmite).

Euc-

Nov 28, 2012
I've been to Pepenero a few days ago, was a first, it was ok but I still prefer pizza on the beach..

Or just a sate from the sate-boy down the road ;)

Anbar

Sep 10, 2012
He's English not French/Dutch , so if like me pork pies and Greggs pasties with hp sauce. Ena

I was in the UK 10 days ago. Gregge pasties are as tastey now as a Mc Donalds Burger,
However did manage to get back about 10Kgs of proper bacon and sausages in hand luggage, Tin of beans was confiscated by security ?????(Liquid)
Bacon sarnie with HP for lunch today :tongue:
Not sure he's 100% english , He understands German and likes aged Gouda ,