JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
I've been to Pepenero a few days ago, was a first, it was ok but I still prefer pizza on the beach..
I enjoy Pepenero for the view and it feels more up market, but agree the food is lacking and the beach is much more fun, and pizza better.

Or just a sate from the sate-boy down the road ;)
MmmmmMph! Chicken lips, gristle and assholes done to perfection?
If it’s the same one I use it’s the best I have tasted in Bali. Halfway between Kat’s Thai Kitchen and McDonalds on the left. Don’t think they add any of the extra bits as I normally can tell, and the one I get is from a Javanese seller. No horse meat in there as well, so of a high standard compared to Europe.

Gregge pasties are as tastey now as a Mc Donalds Burger
What’s amazing is that they are bigger than McDonalds in the UK. Personally I don’t like McDonalds, but when in Bali I do eat them odd times for something quick and plain, even though I try to avoid them. JWB cheese burger is much better.

However did manage to get back about 10Kgs of proper bacon and sausages in hand luggage, Tin of beans was confiscated by security ?????(Liquid)
Bacon sarnie with HP for lunch today :tongue:
Not sure he's 100% english , He understands German and likes aged Gouda ,
Good thing is beans are easy to get here and HP can be found now, so no A1 substitute needed. There was a great Deli in Jimbaran for breakfast sausage and bacon but it burnt down not so long ago. I hope they reopen otherwise trips to Carrefour does the job. The only thing I have not managed to source is Malt Vinegar, tried the other types but just not the same.

Not sure he's 100% english , He understands German and likes aged Gouda ,
I don't like cheese that smells. He doesn’t strike me as German, otherwise he would want more order to the system and be a tad more polite ;-)

Last edited:

Euc-

Nov 28, 2012
MmmmmMph! Chicken lips, gristle and assholes done to perfection?

As long as it tastes good I don't ask too many questions. Working in the hotel industry you don't want to know half of whats going on in most places including the 5 star ones or you would immediately become a vegan.

If it’s the same one I use it’s the best I have tasted in Bali. Halfway between Kat’s Thai Kitchen and McDonalds on the left. Don’t think they add any of the extra bits as I normally can tell, and the one I get is beef from a Javanese seller. No horse meat in there as well, so of a high standard compared to Europe.

No, this one is right next to the round-about trying to divide uluwatu 1 & 2. Where is the one your talking about at? Between Kat's Kitchen and McD still has a lot of places, could you narrow it down a bit? ;)

Didn't find any good pisang goreng yet though, all of them taste like the old oil they're fried in so I prefer to do that myself so far.

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
Where is the one your talking about at? Between Kat's Kitchen and McD still has a lot of places, could you narrow it down a bit? ;)
I’m being silly it is Ayam. You will find him on the opposite side of the road to the SHITA Hotel, directly opposite the Mandiri ATM.

Didn't find any good pisang goreng yet though, all of them taste like the old oil they're fried in so I prefer to do that myself so far.
I have not tried any takeout ones, but I am lucky as the staff cook a great one.

Euc-

Nov 28, 2012
I’m being silly it is Ayam. You will find him on the opposite side of the road to the SHITA Hotel, directly opposite the Mandiri ATM.

I have not tried any takeout ones, but I am lucky as the staff cook a great one.

I happened to try your one last week, although ok I'll be sticking to my sateboy :)