markjgsmith

Oct 22, 2014
The only place I found that sold backpacks in Kuta, that's where I am, was a place called Ace. They only had a few bags though. Should I be looking at shops in other locations like Denpasar? I have a scooter so could drive there. Are there other Kuta shops that I've missed that sell backpacks? Thanks

P

paulseawind

I googled 'buy backpack in Bali' and got this:

can we buy backpacks at the markets or cheaply somewhere? - Bali Forum - TripAdvisor

"1. Re: can we buy backpacks at the markets or cheaply somewhere?
Jun 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yep a fair few places stock the cheap ones. Poppies Lane 2 is where I bought my last one."

"3. Re: can we buy backpacks at the markets or cheaply somewhere?
Jun 12, 2012, 11:14 PM
The department stores always have a great range of backpacks in all shapes, sizes and prices. I have bought a few over the years and have always found it better to shop in Bali."
Go to Discovery and ask in the stores there

"5. Re: can we buy backpacks at the markets or cheaply somewhere?
Jun 12, 2012, 11:40 PM
try super nova shoping center its the place the locals shop 2x large bag shops at the main door the cheapest you will find in bali we got a great back pack to use on the scoter cast $9.00 aus and it is so strong has pockets both sides"
supernova shopping centre (I think) is located somewhere on Jalan Raya-Kuta (ask at your accomm for the location)
Supernova Shopping Centre Reviews - Kuta, Bali Attractions - TripAdvisor

Kuta Beach Shopping - Where to Shop and What to Buy in Kuta Beach

Good luck
If you cant find it, you might have to take a TAKSI
Plenty of taksi drivers are nice and speak english and run the meter
I doubt it would cost more than Rp20.000 each way

60 litres is a big backpack

P

paulseawind

Mark, also try these:

"The last couple of backpacks I purchased were excellent quality. Still using them a couple of years down the track. I purchased them from Sogo at the bali collection nusa dua. There are always bags on sale there."

"I bought a backpack at Bintang Supermarket about four years ago and it still accompanies me to Bali every trip. I think it cost about 20.00aus bit its very good quality. Good luck."

"Places like Sogo or Matahari in Bali are also good to look in. They are the local equivalent of going shopping somewhere like David Jones or Grace Brothers in Australia but they often have good prices."

It looks like there are quite a few places to try for what you want

markjgsmith

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks paulseawind and ronb for the suggestions, they had some 40L and 50L backpacks in the Discovery Mall. In the end I found a 65L backpack in the Matahari department store in Kuta-square. Cheers

P

paulseawind

Thanks paulseawind and ronb for the suggestions, they had some 40L and 50L backpacks in the Discovery Mall. In the end I found a 65L backpack in the Matahari department store in Kuta-square. Cheers

Thanks for getting back with the update

Just for the record, how would you rate each on a 1-10 score for quality and what was the price of each of them?

markjgsmith

Oct 22, 2014
There wasn't a lot of selection, the one I bought was reduced 50% and cost Rp 561000, the bag is quite good quality, though the zips feel like they might break if the bag had a lot of stuff in it. The bags at Ace were Rp 1200000 and slightly better quality materials.