matf

After recently having the mother inlaw come to stay, i realised that my Bahasa indonesia was not as good as i thought,...

well to tell you the truth terrible..

after living here 2 years its come to a point where i need to get off my ass and learn the language.

im looking for private lessons at my home in kerobokan around 3 x 1-2 hours sessions per week ongoing mon,wed,fri preferably

im looking for an experienced teacher with a a proven learning structure and text books ect..

if anyone can help, or knows anyone that could it would be much appreciated

or average prices for a teacher

reply here/PM/or text 081239392939

thanks

Halo Matf, i´m teacher for Bahasa Indonesia, but until Februar 2013 i´m not in Bali. So i give your phonenumber to the other 2 teacher, that i know. Good luck and selamat belajar!

Where do you live?

The best school in Bali is Cinta Bahasa Indonesian Language School, which has a large school in Ubud and has major clients like Australian Consulate, Australian Volunteers International, John Hardy Silver, The Green School (they write curriculum for all grades and teach High School too). They also have classes at the Canggu Club and in Mertasari in Sanur, also on Gatot Subroto in north Denpasar.

Many Private Teachers do not have training or certification and would not get a job at a school like Cinta Bahasa, they make more money from taking up your time and leaving you confused. I know, I learned this the hard way from another course I took in Ubud. I spent two times the money there than I spent at Cinta Bahasa, but I had four times better result! Now I can speak and teach myself. My private teacher never taught me that, they just keep me confused for as long time as possible, until I stop paying.

Bahasa Indonesia is easy to learn to speak at a basic level, it should only take you 40-60 hours max.

thanks for the replys,

As stated in my post i live in kerobokan and looking for private lessons.

no schools

i find 1 on 1 interaction i will get the most from my lessons also if i have to travel to go to class i will find myself skipping class, as i did in high school

Hi - I highly recommend a teacher I used (am using) Nika 0897 010 3285.. He's structured, organised and very engaging. Tell him Andrea said to call. if you want any other information PM me - did not want to SMS as I am reading this late..

Hi, I highly recommend Seminyak Language School (near Bintang supermarket). Many of my friends and customers have learned Bahasa Indonesia there and have been very happy with the outcome!

Hi - I highly recommend a teacher I used (am using) Nika 0897 010 3285.. He's structured, organised and very engaging. Tell him Andrea said to call. if you want any other information PM me - did not want to SMS as I am reading this late..

Do you mind telling how much ?

I would be interested in your experience with your one-to-one teacher. I, too, am in Kerobokan, and had a one-to-one teacher when I lived in Denpasar (which was very good at the time.) I have tried some qualified teachers teaching one-to-one, and some are not as good as I would have expected. I had better Indonesian teaching from a guy paid Rp 50,000/hr than a qualified teacher charging Rp 200,000/hr. Maybe it was just personal chemistry. Anyway, a personal recommendation is better than a glossy advert, in my opinion.

I would be interested in your experience with your one-to-one teacher. I, too, am in Kerobokan, and had a one-to-one teacher when I lived in Denpasar (which was very good at the time.) I have tried some qualified teachers teaching one-to-one, and some are not as good as I would have expected. I had better Indonesian teaching from a guy paid Rp 50,000/hr than a qualified teacher charging Rp 200,000/hr. Maybe it was just personal chemistry. Anyway, a personal recommendation is better than a glossy advert, in my opinion.

Exactly.

50k an hour sounds good to me.

Back