Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Hi All,

Am new to this forum. Have been reading visa info on past posts. I wish to travel to Bali for extended holiday next year and am trying to get my head around the various options. If I use a 60 day tourist visa obtained in Perth I would need my ticket to Bali plus ticket say Bali to Kl from airasia dated for the 60 day expiry. Then while in Bali extend monthly to the max 180 days, changing the airline ticket departure date with airasia. (If possible). Am I on the right track ? Or way off.?

Normy

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Yes - many do that - but the legality of the extensions is questioned in some threads on this forum. To avoid that doubt, go to Singapore after 60 days and return with a social visa.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Having flown in many times on the Visa On Arrival (VOA) basis I have never been asked for my return ticket or any other ticket. When renewing the VOA after the inital 30 days I was asked for the return ticket but only when I tried to renew the visa myself.

Why don't you just get the 6 month Social Visa from your home Indo Embassy forgoing all the complications here? Or arrange to pick it up on transit through Singapore - also possible with some clever scheduling.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Having flown in many times on the Visa On Arrival (VOA) basis I have never been asked for my return ticket or any other ticket. When renewing the VOA after the inital 30 days I was asked for the return ticket but only when I tried to renew the visa myself.

Why don't you just get the 6 month Social Visa from your home Indo Embassy forgoing all the complications here? Or arrange to pick it up on transit through Singapore - also possible with some clever scheduling.

Thanks Ronb and Markit. I was thinking of social visa but I see on Bali Ide website you need an Indo cit sponsor. Don't know anyone here in Perth.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi All,

Am new to this forum. Have been reading visa info on past posts. I wish to travel to Bali for extended holiday next year and am trying to get my head around the various options. If I use a 60 day tourist visa obtained in Perth I would need my ticket to Bali plus ticket say Bali to Kl from airasia dated for the 60 day expiry. Then while in Bali extend monthly to the max 180 days, changing the airline ticket departure date with airasia. (If possible). Am I on the right track ? Or way off.?

Normy

If you read the Indonesia Embassy websites it will say that the 60 day tourist visa is NOT extendable. As Ronb suggests it has been extended by some, especially in Bali, but it is not legal.

markit suggests the Social Budhaya (Sosbud) visa as the best option as they can be extended after the first 60 days, monthly, up to a total of about 6 months. However, this needs a sponsor letter from someone qualified in Indonesia to be submitted with the application. Agents can perform this function, for a price.

The visa on arrival (VOA) costs US$25 and is valid for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days for another US$25. Beware... this includes the day of arrival so count the days.

2 more ports were sumbitted whilst I was writing mine so please read all.

jj_balind

Oct 6, 2012
Hi Normy,

a 60 day tourist visa is not extendable, as others already have mentioned i would suggest to either get a social visa straight away or make a trip to Singapore after your initial 60 day visa.
having un-extendable visa's extended is something that might be possible but i would heavily suggest against it.
Of the 20 times i have entered Indonesia with a visa that "officially" requires you to have/show a return ticket i have only been asked to actually show it once or twice so i wouldn't worry to much about that. last time i entered they asked for it but after having a little chat with the immigration officer he didn't make a problem out of it.

good luck with your decision...

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Thanks matsaleh, davita, jj, for your advice,

will probably try for 60 day tourist visa thro' perth Indon Consul. Buy 1 way ticket perth/bali and 1 way ticket bali/singapore (dated just prior to visa expiry). Get a social visa in singapore and re-enter bali.
Thanks again to all.

PippiLongstocking

Oct 9, 2012
Hi all,
Thanks for all the info posted - really helps us newbies... or intented newbies...
I have a question about the retirement visa. My partner is over 55 years but I'm not. We we're married in Bali and have a certificate in Indonesian which I'm assuming states we we're married in the buddhist tradition in Indonesia. But we are not legally married in Australia. Do you think I'll be able to get a retirement Visa based on this?
Many thanks.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi all,
Thanks for all the info posted - really helps us newbies... or intented newbies...
I have a question about the retirement visa. My partner is over 55 years but I'm not. We we're married in Bali and have a certificate in Indonesian which I'm assuming states we we're married in the buddhist tradition in Indonesia. But we are not legally married in Australia. Do you think I'll be able to get a retirement Visa based on this?
Many thanks.

If your partner is over 55 he/she can apply for a Retirement Kitas but needs to use an agent in Indonesia to sponsor and make the application.

Depending on your marital status your spouse can apply for you as a spousal Kitas or, if as an unmarried partner, can sponsor you for a sosbud.

An agent is your best advisor in this respect.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For an old fogies visa (got one) go to Bali IDE and ask for Yoni (Indian for female genitalia - no relation).

Will cost you 6 million and a trip to Singapore to meet Malek - for the visa, not the genitalia.

Multi-exit visa (recommended) an extra 2 million.