TicToc

Sep 22, 2014
Hi Balipodders,

My family (us + 2 small boys) and I are looking for a reasonably-priced, two Br home to rent from January 1 to March 31, 2015. Kitchen a must, aircon not so much if good cross-ventilation. Quiet neighborhood away from heavy tourist activity preferable, but not too quiet... nearby children for the kids to play with would be a definite bonus. I'm guessing asking for a swimming pool would bump us up into the less reasonable rent sector? But it's the rainy season, so, on the off chance you know of someone wanting to let their house for a couple of months escape to drier climes, please let us know! We are from Vancouver so used to the rain.

Regarding area, we would like to avoid Kudat but are otherwise ambivalent. Ubud has a nice climate. Pemuteran has a quiet beach and local villages...

Thanks!

TicToc

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks, werecoming! Not sure why your comment was removed. I must have hit the wrong button. Will check it out.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Welcome to the forum tictoc.....from an ex-Vancouverite (Tsawwassen).
You could look up craigslist Indonesia and sift thru' the adverts for any area in Bali you may find interesting.
My recommendation is like someone else here...check into a hotel for a couple of days, somewhere reasonable, then rent a car and drive around looking at any power pole or store wall where you'll get local adverts for your perusal...then go see first for suitability and bargain the price (it is expected). Outside the main tourist sector your budget is fine but you'll probably also need to factor in transport costs like a car or motor-bike rental.
Most vacation units are advertised by agents. Everybody in Bali is an agent and expects a cut from the rental. Best find a direct owner and cut-out the middle man.

Meanwhile...check-out the third villa for rent here in North Sanur...Villa Rentals - Villas In Paradise. The website is owned by an aggressive agent but I went to see these two places with the American owner, as they're actually for sale. He might be willing to rent for your three months. There is a huge public swim-pool a short few steps from the villa and the beach (black sand) a few steps further. The pool and small fishing village nearby would be excellent for your kids to socialize. The local-caught fresh fish is so famous that many travel far to purchase, or eat at the local warungs.

TicToc

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks so much, Davita! This is terrific info. We are staying in Ubud for a few days and have a rental car so will take advantage of it. Good time of the year to travel away from Tsawassen/Vancouver,no?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks so much, Davita! This is terrific info. We are staying in Ubud for a few days and have a rental car so will take advantage of it. Good time of the year to travel away from Tsawassen/Vancouver,no?

We were in Vancouver in July/August and it was sometimes hotter than here in Bali...and no A/C in our rental apartment on Robson. We also vacated a storage unit we had on the Point Robert's border...sweaty work. Ironically, our Canuck friends, who have been visiting us here, returned last week to minus 5 deg. at YVR.
For you what's not to miss...you might get a little rain, especially in Ubud, but most of us find that a blessing as this week was the first rain since we returned late August.