freetofly

Hi everyone

Has anyone been to tioman island in malaysia??? planning on travelling for a month in july, first plan was vietnam but the weather is bad in july :( so that will have to be later on and now looking at malaysia, mainly the east coast - any tips to share???

Has anyone got the train from singapore into malaysia????

The train from Singapore to KL is a little old, been on the sleeper & stops at every water hole, the daytime was not to bad, but you need to get over the palm oil plantations. they have not spent any money on it since the British left.:icon_mrgreen:

The train from Singapore to KL is a little old, been on the sleeper & stops at every water hole, the daytime was not to bad, but you need to get over the palm oil plantations. they have not spent any money on it since the British left.:icon_mrgreen:

thanks fred, so do you think the bus might be better????

Tioman..... haven't been back since the early 80's. Back then it was wonderful. Staid at a cheap place directly on the beach and had the whole place to ourselves. 10 of us teenagers with only stupid ideas!
We went by bus then and that stopped at every hole in the foliage to let people on or off!

Tioman..... haven't been back since the early 80's. Back then it was wonderful. Staid at a cheap place directly on the beach and had the whole place to ourselves. 10 of us teenagers with only stupid ideas!
We went by bus then and that stopped at every hole in the foliage to let people on or off!

sounds like you had fun, I still think i am a teenager except I am making my kids stay in a super cheap place on the beach with us!!!!

cant wait!!

Enjoy!! I remember thinking I was Robinson Crusoe (female version)...... White sand beaches, fresh tuna, crystal clear water...... But then anything was nicer than Singapore for me back then. Singapore ruined my naive look on life:icon_biggrin:

Freetofly don't let me put you off, the night trip was late so the dinning car was closed & I was only served Sanger's, not much to see & sleeping you had to hang on, showers & beds ok but just the rock&rolling, stopped at every town. The guard at immigration ask why I was not taking the bus:icon_mrgreen:. The day trip was good plenty to look at & takes the hole day. The train was better then the ones in Indonesia. I think its a great way to travel up to KL. How long are you staying in Singapore? I love singapore:icon_biggrin:

I had to have a hair cut:icon_sad:

wha ha ha ha!! :icon_mrgreen:

I got caught with gum last year....... totally forgot about that one!
But when ever someone says "productivity" I get this song that was rampant in the 80's running through my head:icon_rolleyes:

Every time you go to Singapore it is different
I was told that I had to use the rear entry at Raffles because I had shorts & thongs.:icon_mrgreen:

Hi everyone

Has anyone been to tioman island in malaysia??? planning on travelling for a month in july, first plan was vietnam but the weather is bad in july :( so that will have to be later on and now looking at malaysia, mainly the east coast - any tips to share???

Has anyone got the train from singapore into malaysia????

Bus would be much better and comfy....check out www.aeroline.com.sg

I have caught buses several times between Penang and KL and they and they are very comfortable. You can put the seats right back and they have more leg room than what you get on Air Asia flights.

Bus would be much better and comfy....check out www.aeroline.com.sg

thanks for the info, I will look at bus, but I am a strange person who loves trains, old steam trains are my favourite!!! plus my three year old is a little active and I thought she could stretch her legs on the plane.

we are planning 5 days in singapore. bout as much as the budget will allow. have found a cheapish hotel with large family rooms called the Strand Hotel. it is my daughters 16 birthday while we are there so thinking of something special - The lion King show after brekkie with the orangutangs at the zoo. any tips???

Freetofly, I will be interested to know your opinion of the Strand Hotel in Singapore when you come back. I'm also considering staying there on my next trip.

Freetofly, I will be interested to know your opinion of the Strand Hotel in Singapore when you come back. I'm also considering staying there on my next trip.

No problems, we got a family room for S$240 a night which sleeps 5. out other choice was the ymac. but Strand replied straight away and reserved our room with out paying a deposit. I will check out standard rooms when I am there.

Enjoy!! I remember thinking I was Robinson Crusoe (female version)...... White sand beaches, fresh tuna, crystal clear water...... But then anything was nicer than Singapore for me back then. Singapore ruined my naive look on life:icon_biggrin:
Did that make you Girl Friday? :icon_biggrin:

I find it interesting that some people actually like/love Singapore. Me, too, but I wouldn't like to live there.

Girl Friday.... ha ha ha.... To be honest I can't really remember much of Robinson Crusoe... So maybe I'm more like the castaway with Wilson, but I don't think Wilson was with us on Tioman!!!

I never liked living in Singapore. I had great friends, but living there was not a dream come true. I don't mind visiting now and then - still have friends there.
But to each his own!
Did that make you Girl Friday? :icon_biggrin:

I find it interesting that some people actually like/love Singapore. Me, too, but I wouldn't like to live there.

Back