goode

Jan 17, 2012
HI! My partner and i are moving to Bali in March, We both have our TEFL qualification to bring with us, how hard will it be to get paid teaching work? We understand if we do find work we will have to leave the country to swap our visiting visa to working visa, We would love to find a nice small house or villa to rent in Seminyak do you think 5. million would be enough??

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
if I were you, I would try contacting fred2 on this forum....wages paid here are peanuts, but over where he lives teachers get paid 7 fold of what a teacher makes here...
and the extra's he mentions...car+driver,house,visa(duh),health insurance, etcetc...all things you wouldn't not find an employer paying for you on Bali.
Hell, I might even go back to work, hahaha...nah :icon_biggrin:

goode

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks gilbert, the forum wont allow me to private message fred2 yet? i have not been a member for long enough? i hope he can find this message and give me some more of his information. He sounds like he knows a lot about Bali! Would much prefer to earn a decent wage over there.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
One of my friends started in Bali as a english teacher, I thinks he's wage was 7mill. If you want to work in Bali you need to do a lot of networking & get lucky. First thing is work out what you want & how you want to live. You could live on 7mill a month & enjoy it, but spend a little time & see if you would be happy. Lot of people come to Bali to find a job & live the good life, I hope you do some research & things work out well. You could try someone like English first.
My friend works in Surabaya & gets all his benifits, sometime he would like to work in Bali but the wages are not good enough.

goode

Jan 17, 2012
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: Thank you guys so much for getting back to me, will keep you posted on my research, and hook up for a beer if i make it over there soon!

jezralias

Oct 19, 2011
There's a school in Denpasar, about 15 minutes from Sanur by motorbike, that hires TEFL certified teachers for primarily online teaching. Wages are about 7 mil a month, depending on how much you teach. If you'd like to know more, feel free to email me at jezralias at hotmail dot com.