robtld1001

Oct 31, 2010
Hi i am not sure if there is any other threads on this i could not see any,
i am planing on spending 2 months in bali in july/august i am just wondering the best way to go about this is it better to just go to singapore for a few days or to apply for a social visa? and with the social visa i do not know anyone well enough to ask them to be a sponsor is there a way around this?
Cheers :)

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If you are only spending 2 months here you can get a 60 tourist visa at an Indonesian consulate/embassy or get the Visa on Arrival (30 days) and extend it for another 30 days.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
If you are only spending 2 months here you can get a 60 tourist visa at an Indonesian consulate/embassy or get the Visa on Arrival (30 days) and extend it for another 30 days.
I'd suggest NOT to get the Visa on Arrival and then extend it, unless you want to make 4 trips to immigration. A friend has just extended her 30 day VOA for another month and yes, 4 trips to immigration to complete the process. Also, Immigration will only process documents between 8:00 am and 12:00 noon.

Best to get a 60 day tourist visa from the Indonesian Consulate in your home town. You don't need a sponsor for this, just a photo, evidence of return ticket or ticket out of the country and your passport. You will need to complete a form obtained from the Consulate and pay the fee (in Australia it's AU$60.00). Processing time depends on the State in which you apply but 3 to 5 working days is normal.

peut_etre_moi

Sep 12, 2009
NY, USA
I'd suggest NOT to get the Visa on Arrival and then extend it, unless you want to make 4 trips to immigration. A friend has just extended her 30 day VOA for another month and yes, 4 trips to immigration to complete the process. Also, Immigration will only process documents between 8:00 am and 12:00 noon.

Best to get a 60 day tourist visa from the Indonesian Consulate in your home town. You don't need a sponsor for this, just a photo, evidence of return ticket or ticket out of the country and your passport. You will need to complete a form obtained from the Consulate and pay the fee (in Australia it's AU$60.00). Processing time depends on the State in which you apply but 3 to 5 working days is normal.

But you could ask visa agent to extend your visa :) It's easy and nice. It takes only to times to meet visa agent wherever good for you - to give your passport and to get back your passport with extended visa :) The price is 650.000 Rph
Balimod recommended.