jaffa

Jan 15, 2009
Seminyak, Bali
If I apply for a social Visa and then depart before the initial 60 days is up (i.e. before it needs to be renewed/extended for the 1st time) what are my options regarding extending the Social Visa??
I intend to be here for around 70-80 days now and arrived on a 30 day VOA which I will extend once to take me up to 60 days and then fly to Singapore and get Social Visa.
I need to go back abroad for 1-2 months during the middle of the Social Visa

I believe you must renew/update at a location closest to where you are living and obviously from within Bali (or Indonesia) but can it be done at the airport if you are coming back in after some time away??

Also, what is the general consensus with Tourist VOA extension. Someone here wants Rp. 750 000 to get me 30 day extension (there will be no issues as he does for many of his guests) but a premium of Rp. 500 000 seems like a lot given the actual sum payable is Rp. 250 000 to the Gov't. Worth the hassle to do yourself or just pay someone who has history of getting this without any issues for his guests??

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
The short answer is once you leave the country, the social visa expires. It cannot be extended once you leave.

Effectively it then becomes a 60 day tourist visa, which is probably what you should get each time you leave and return. Same 211 visa, but without the need for a sponsor.

To extend VOA, call Dyah at Mas Travel on 0812 3686 6524. I'm sure she can do a better price than Rp750.000.

Last edited:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Also, what is the general consensus with Tourist VOA extension. Someone here wants Rp. 750 000 to get me 30 day extension (there will be no issues as he does for many of his guests) but a premium of Rp. 500 000 seems like a lot given the actual sum payable is Rp. 250 000 to the Gov't. Worth the hassle to do yourself or just pay someone who has history of getting this without any issues for his guests??

Yea i think 750 000 is to much i think its usually around 500 000 if u get someone to do it for you .
If you have time i would rather just do it yourself its all pretty simple it just takes 3 or 4 trips to imigration.
1st trip to get the application form.
2nd to bring the form filled with passport and photo copys of your flight plans and VOA
3rd to pay the 250 000
4th pick up passport.

And you just have to make sure you get to immigration in the right times for each part of the proccess

jaffa

Jan 15, 2009
Seminyak, Bali
Thanks guy. Always blown away by the generosity of people taking their time to help others on this forum. Many thanks to Gilbert, Rangi, matsaleh

I think matsaleh is not salah here ;)
would make more sense to do VOA each time..
or applying for a business visa, along with a multiple exit/re-entry permit