Freewind

Sep 6, 2010
That's shitty. I know many people, who own companies, but stay on Social visa. So, it means, they all under risk?
Really dont want to pay this "some extra millions for agent", espesially if I don't know, how this business will be run..

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
That's shitty. I know many people, who own companies, but stay on Social visa. So, it means, they all under risk?
Owning, or investing in a company does not mean you are working for the company. The visa restrictions are on working - not investing

Freewind

Sep 6, 2010
Yes, but, if for example, I will be in office or meet with partners, police can take me for illegal working?
Sorry, for detailed questions

supertago

Sep 3, 2010
Roma
Yes, but, if for example, I will be in office or meet with partners, police can take me for illegal working?
Sorry, for detailed questions
It seems to be my same problem . I wish to invest in a business , as an investing partner . So , I suppose I only need a basic visa ( a sosial visa , for example ) . But if i use my money to set up a restaurant ( a warung , a guesthouse , motorbike rent...) I need to check if things are running clearly ( most of the transactions are cash , of course ) . So , my presence is request , as a "supervisor" .
In this case , I should apply for a KITAS , I guess , even if I do not work "manually" . This is something I cannot come out from .
Ok , the difference is only 80€ per month after all...

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
It seems to be my same problem . I wish to invest in a business , as an investing partner . So , I suppose I only need a basic visa ( a sosial visa , for example ) . But if i use my money to set up a restaurant ( a warung , a guesthouse , motorbike rent...) I need to check if things are running clearly ( most of the transactions are cash , of course ) . So , my presence is request , as a "supervisor" .
In this case , I should apply for a KITAS , I guess , even if I do not work "manually" . This is something I cannot come out from .
Ok , the difference is only 80€ per month after all...

I think the rules for bussiness visa include "investing".try to find out more about that.Social budaya is anyway not the right visa for you.

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
I think the rules for bussiness visa include "investing".try to find out more about that.Social budaya is anyway not the right visa for you.

PS: that would(maybe)the right visa for the time you are setting up your bussiness.After that you need a Kitas and a working permit.

supertago

Sep 3, 2010
Roma
PS: that would(maybe)the right visa for the time you are setting up your bussiness.After that you need a Kitas and a working permit.
Thank you , hermit !
I will check on this forum some rules concerning the business visa .Anyway ( if I have correctly understood ) should be possible go to the notary for the PT , sign all the documents , paying fees and taxes and request a kitas , even if I am the owner (in partnership , of course ) for myself ?

C

CanonMan

Be careful on the CV issue now. I am in the process of setting up a small company. I only want to be legal here and to be able to:

a) Set up and sell a small brand label for water sports enthusiasts and scuba divers
b) Create an online selling portal for a specific market sector.

My agent now informs me that a CV license can no longer sponsor a foreign KITAS, as of last Monday! So now my option is to go for the, costlier, PT option.

Cheers,
CM

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I have just finished setting up a CV company, All paper work & tax card from notaris total cost
Rp750,000.
Permits from goverment for the warehouse, Noise, plans & layouts (blue prints). I had to have letters
from next door, Village RT, RW & Kelurahan. I don't want any problems later on with goverment.
Goverment office price Rp 4.700.000
At Immigration today I spoked to the head & she said that I had no problems getting a work kitas with my CV. She said if I was at the office & they turned up I would be in trouble if I had no Kitas.
I hope this helps:icon_razz:

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
I have just finished setting up a CV company, All paper work & tax card from notaris total cost
Rp750,000.
Permits from goverment for the warehouse, Noise, plans & layouts (blue prints). I had to have letters
from next door, Village RT, RW & Kelurahan. I don't want any problems later on with goverment.
Goverment office price Rp 4.700.000
At Immigration today I spoked to the head & she said that I had no problems getting a work kitas with my CV. She said if I was at the office & they turned up I would be in trouble if I had no Kitas.
I hope this helps:icon_razz:
that seems cheap to me? what company did you use?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I just hoped on the bike & went door to door, sum quotes were Rp15,000,000. I need a letter witnessed so thats what made me start looking, some notaris/ lawyer wanted Rp5,000,000 to watch me sign on the dotted line.:icon_evil:
Some people just see a dollar sign on your head so shop around

Be careful on the CV issue now. (...)
My agent now informs me that a CV license can no longer sponsor a foreign KITAS, as of last Monday!
That's crap. No such reg has been enacted. CV, as any legal entity in Indonesia, can sponsor a foreigner for an IMTA.
CV are not a good business for an agent and they way prefer you to create a PT, involving more money for them. That's why they peddle this kind of ridiculous "news".
that seems cheap to me? what company did you use?

I just hoped on the bike & went door to door, sum quotes were Rp15,000,000.
The first step is the akta pendirian from the Notaris. It is a legal standard akta which is usually slightly amended/modified to suit the need of your business. It would cost anything in between IDR 500.000 to IDR 2.000.000+ depending on the notaris and the competition existing in between them.
Then you will have to deal with the NPWP & PKP (kantor pajak), the surat keterengan domisili (lurah & camat), the registration to the Pengadilan Negeri (district court), the SIUP, SITU and TDP (depdagri). Done by yourself it shouldn't cost you more than 2,5 to 3 millions, including a bit of uang rokok to smoothen/fasten some of the document involved and the Notaris' akta pendirian.
An agent quoting IDR 15.000.000 for a simple CV is a crook.

Please remenber that a CV must be owned at 100% by an Indonesian. No foreign capital authorised.

More about CV vs PT to be read here. http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/10038-CV-versus-PT?p=95059&viewfull=1#post95059.

Last edited:
C

CanonMan

I suggest you do your homework before responding in the negative.

A CV Can no longer sponsor a KITAS unless the investment in said CV is superior to Rp500,000,000

Cheers.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I suggest you do your homework before responding in the negative.

A CV Can no longer sponsor a KITAS unless the investment in said CV is superior to Rp500,000,000

Cheers.
My bank account dose not have that amount of money in it.
So i must be screwed
Were did you get this info from?????????

C

CanonMan

My bank account dose not have that amount of money in it.
So i must be screwed
Were did you get this info from?????????

I now have this information from four independent sources around Bali. I also thought our Agent was trying to squeeze us for additional funds but after speaking with other Agent offices in Ubud, Denpasar, Sanur and Legian they all say the same. Existing CV sponsored KITAS' will not be effected, this only applies to new applications as of 9 days ago.

Applications for PT PMA doesn't have this financial requisite but costs more than the CV to set up so we are taking that route. As it is Export based we can therefore have it fully in our name.

Cheers,
CanonMan

Bollocks.
I am very well aware of a CV with a SIUP of 200.000.000 who has just had an IMTA approved.
Ask your agent to provide you with the exact reference of the regulation stating that a CV can not sponsor a foreigner for an IMTA, unless it has a capital of IDR 500.000.000. He will have hard time to show it to you. There is none. Alternatively, do your homework and check the website of Depnakertrans (locate Peraturan perundangan on the left side, then click on Peraturan menteri and you will have the list of the Ministerial Regulations encated for 2010). Anyway, this is up to you to believe a bunch of clowns or to read what the law states. No offense intended. I know that I won't have any trouble to have an application for an IMTA going through, even with a CV a SIUP kecil.

Also, a CV has no real capital requirements such as a PT who has shareholders and has to prove the amount of capital it has. Should any CV owner has a trouble to have depnakertrans approving an IMTA, it would be very easy to overcome the probleme of a capital requirement.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Thanks Atlantis for the info, I will go on monday & start the process for Kitas.
I was already told that I would have no problems getting Kitas.
I will post what happens & cost.

C

CanonMan

Bollocks.
I am very well aware of a CV with a SIUP of 200.000.000 who has just had an IMTA approved.
Ask your agent to provide you with the exact reference of the regulation stating that a CV can not sponsor a foreigner for an IMTA, unless it has a capital of IDR 500.000.000. He will have hard time to show it to you. There is none. Alternatively, do your homework and check the website of Depnakertrans (locate Peraturan perundangan on the left side, then click on Peraturan menteri and you will have the list of the Ministerial Regulations encated for 2010). Anyway, this is up to you to believe a bunch of clowns or to read what the law states. No offense intended. I know that I won't have any trouble to have an application for an IMTA going through, even with a CV a SIUP kecil.

Also, a CV has no real capital requirements such as a PT who has shareholders and has to prove the amount of capital it has. Should any CV owner has a trouble to have depnakertrans approving an IMTA, it would be very easy to overcome the probleme of a capital requirement.

Maybe I'm just naive about all of this but so far all of the agents I have discussed this with suggest the same thing. I also don't lead them to confirm this. I simply ask for the regulations for initiating a CV and sponsoring a KITAS with that. Will keep looking.

Maybe I'm just naive about all of this but so far all of the agents I have discussed this with suggest the same thing. I also don't lead them to confirm this. I simply ask for the regulations for initiating a CV and sponsoring a KITAS with that. Will keep looking.
Agents will always tell you what is good and profitable for their business rather than yours and will lead you to take the "right" decision. A CV, as I said above, has no heavy cost. Honestly, it would hardly cost you more than 3 millions to set it up. What kind of business an agent can make out of it? None or peanuts. A PT PMA would set you to a way higher amount of expenses where an agent could find multiple ways to make money. Therefore, a CV becomes "not authorized to have IMTA issued" or a "problem if you want to do this activity or this other one"... etc.
A CV should be considered only if you have reliable indonesians to hold both the fonction of direktur and komisaris. Otherwise forget it and just settle a PT PMA. It is much more costly but can be directly controlled by you (since 2007 you can have 100% of the capital being foreign owned in certain sectors)
I am quite familiar with both structures, CV and PT to have created both of them and helped a few friends to organize their documents to create theirs. But to be honest, when I hear what "agents" say to their clients I often wonder if we live in the same country.
Anyway, I wish you the best in your project. :icon_cool:

C

CanonMan

Agents will always tell you what is good and profitable for their business rather than yours and will lead you to take the "right" decision. A CV, as I said above, has no heavy cost. Honestly, it would hardly cost you more than 3 millions to set it up. What kind of business an agent can make out of it? None or peanuts. A PT PMA would set you to a way higher amount of expenses where an agent could find multiple ways to make money. Therefore, a CV becomes "not authorized to have IMTA issued" or a "problem if you want to do this activity or this other one"... etc.
A CV should be considered only if you have reliable indonesians to hold both the fonction of direktur and komisaris. Otherwise forget it and just settle a PT PMA. It is much more costly but can be directly controlled by you (since 2007 you can have 100% of the capital being foreign owned in certain sectors)
I am quite familiar with both structures, CV and PT to have created both of them and helped a few friends to organize their documents to create theirs. But to be honest, when I hear what "agents" say to their clients I often wonder if we live in the same country.
Anyway, I wish you the best in your project. :icon_cool:

Fek me so you're saying if we go with PT then I can be named as the Director, have that stated on a business card and open the company bank account in my name? All of these points with our agent have been covered and answered in the negative. They are also requesting the names of our Indo partners for Direktor and Komisaris positions. The cost of the application has been quoted as 20 million.

I guess I should shop around? Or would you be prepared to PM me to discuss an aid package?

Cheers,
CanonMan