Hi,
I like set up a company on Bali to obtain my own kitas ....
I saw some lawyers and got different advices, so far, ok
BUT, has someone experience with doing alone all necessary paperwork and going to all administrations ... this maybe to save some money .... or is it not worth all that running to maybe save 1500$ setup and registration fees
terima kasih
Daniel

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
My friend there is much in the archives on this subject. However please be aware that advice given here is not from professionals. Do a search in the archives and see if your questions are answered and if not come back with specific ones.

Mickey

Dec 7, 2010
Hi Daniel,
i have been trying to do the same. the costs to start a PMA in Bali don't accede the 600$. but the question is, how can you handle all the bureaucracy, the language barriers and all procedure?

my advice to you, if you are in Bali to do business, just focus on doing business and delegate what you are not capable of to other parties. talking by experience.

setting up a company will cost you +/- 3200$, 1200$ for the man power and around 400$ for the company that will help you with the company.
If you insist on doing yourself. Please let me know.
Good luck

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Hi Daniel,
i have been trying to do the same. the costs to start a PMA in Bali don't accede the 600$. but the question is, how can you handle all the bureaucracy, the language barriers and all procedure?

my advice to you, if you are in Bali to do business, just focus on doing business and delegate what you are not capable of to other parties. talking by experience.

setting up a company will cost you +/- 3200$, 1200$ for the man power and around 400$ for the company that will help you with the company.
If you insist on doing yourself. Please let me know.
Good luck

I suggest you delegate arithmetic and English.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
can you please do that for me ;) ... just delegated that to you..
" i m sorry i have that problem often because i m not a native english speaker"

Thanks. Quite happy to act as an English and Arithmetic consultant for you. Just let me know where to send the invoices? ;)

Regards

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
English lesson.

sure, here is the adress: Brisbane, Jimbaran. :)

Your spelling of "address" is wrong and you should really begin a sentence with a capital letter. Otherwise, OK.

Invoice #0001.
Item: English consultation. $300.00.

Cheers.

jay733

Dec 7, 2010
Your spelling of "address" is wrong and you should really begin a sentence with a capital letter. Otherwise, OK.

Invoice #0001.
Item: English consultation. $300.00.

Cheers.

could someone help with these questions one by one please:

basic questions on forming PMA for the purpose of staying in indo long term with family (not married to indo or anything like that and have three children- US citizens):

ok PMA formation is around US$3k- one time cost

registered address etc US$800 or so per year

KITAS for family of 5 is how much ? US$864 ???? is that for 684 per person or for family? also is that a one time fee, per year or everytime you renew the visa?

US$1200 per year levy fees to government

THE MAIN QUESTION I HAVE IS : if the company is not active and was created just to stay there, the work permit/resident visa can be renewed indefinitely so we can stay for long term as long as tax is filed for the "no activity" company????? also how long is one KITAS for?

anyone who can answer please I thank you in advance

aoc

Apr 23, 2011
could someone help with these questions one by one please:

basic questions on forming PMA for the purpose of staying in indo long term with family (not married to indo or anything like that and have three children- US citizens):

ok PMA formation is around US$3k- one time cost

registered address etc US$800 or so per year

KITAS for family of 5 is how much ? US$864 ???? is that for 684 per person or for family? also is that a one time fee, per year or everytime you renew the visa?

US$1200 per year levy fees to government

THE MAIN QUESTION I HAVE IS : if the company is not active and was created just to stay there, the work permit/resident visa can be renewed indefinitely so we can stay for long term as long as tax is filed for the "no activity" company????? also how long is one KITAS for?

anyone who can answer please I thank you in advance

1. KITAS visas are renewable every year and require you to leave Indonesia to process the documents at an Indonesian embassy overseas (Singapore is popular because it is close by).

2. This levy is an annual 'tax' to the government for each person with a work permit from your company.

3. As long as your company exists, I think you can keep renewing your stay permits. As mentioned earlier, a KITAS is valid for 1 year.

Clear, itemised costs of setting up a PMA company are detailed on the websites of some of the companies that can assist you with processing Indonesian visas.

BTW, have you considered the cost of schooling for your children?

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
1. KITAS visas are renewable every year and require you to leave Indonesia to process the documents at an Indonesian embassy overseas (Singapore is popular because it is close by).
Wrong, you don't have to leave the country for renewing your KITAS with workpermit.

2. This levy is an annual 'tax' to the government for each person with a work permit from your company.
not each person, but each foreigner.

[/QUOTE=aoc;60302]3. As long as your company exists, I think you can keep renewing your stay permits. As mentioned earlier, a KITAS is valid for 1 year.[/QUOTE] after two renewals, you could apply for a KITAP wich has a validity of 5 years

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
OFFICIALLY (!!!) setting up a new PMA is by indonesian law for free :icon_e_sad::icon_e_sad:

but if you gonna try to insist you could enter the office as a young man and leaving on a stretcher

sad but true nobody working for government, official, police etc here do ANYTHING whithout getting extra money

some people broke into a house of my friend in batubelig recently, after the police arrived they 1st said if you don't give us this amount of money we will do nothing

so nothing happened and the thiefs were the winner

is that the way to go Bali???

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Like any country a company (P/L) cost money, Indonesia is no different. Most PMA set up in Indonesia are to allow you to stay here, as a director of the company (none working Kitas). Now if you want to start a PMA to work you need a lot of paper work, Business plan, etc. The PMA has to be active to employ you so tax has to be paid (your turnover not your profit). You can not just close a company when you are finish (cost 25mill) to close, 20mill to transfer if you sell, and the government can close you down if you are none active for more than 3 years. Remember that a PMA is rich and the government police & who ever, will check for some small donations, so make sure all paper work is in place.
I have only opened a CV & UD, as a PMA is just too much of a pain. I have never paid under the table for anything & I have all the documents which has taken about 3 months.

aoc

Apr 23, 2011
Wrong, you don't have to leave the country for renewing your KITAS with workpermit.

not each person, but each foreigner.

[/QUOTE=aoc;60302]3. As long as your company exists, I think you can keep renewing your stay permits. As mentioned earlier, a KITAS is valid for 1 year.
after two renewals, you could apply for a KITAP wich has a validity of 5 years[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gilbert. Don't know why I had so fixed in my head that each KITAS renewal had to be overseas. A pleasant surprise for me :icon_e_smile:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
you're welcome aoc :icon_biggrin:..if however one decides to change employers, then you're right...the whole process of applying for a KITAS starts a fresh, including starting at 0 for counting years till one 'qualify's' for a KITAP.