bakung

May 4, 2011
How many times do you do the retirement visa before you can apply for the Resident one, i have been told it is 5 x extend then can apply, others have said it has now been dropped to 2 times extend then can apply for it, anyone know the real story. Also is there any real benefit to having that status.
thanks.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
When you've had a KITAS for two consecutive years and go to renew for the third year, at that time you can apply to convert the KITAS into a KITAP.

As for benefits, cheaper then extending each year...besides that I don't think there are any other benefits.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm told that the Kitap is valid for 5 years at a cost of 30 million rupiah.

Since the Kitas is 6 million a year I'm really looking forward to some great savings!

bakung

May 4, 2011

Since the Kitas is 6 million a year I'm really looking forward to some great savings!

thanks for the replies, but i dont see any value in me getting it if you have to lay out 30 million in one go as i get my renewal for 5 mill a time so i think the rest better get interest in my bank than others.
and if there is no extra benefit of having a kitap then dont see the point.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I've read that a Retirement Visa (Kitas) can be converted to a Kitap after the 2nd year of Kitas but all my searches still seem to point to 5 years...are they out of date...can anyone indicate a reference of 2 years?
I'm aware that the spousal Kitas can be converted after 2 years...was the Retirement Kitas conversion lumped in with that change?

I'm interested as I'm on my 2nd Retirement Kitas

@ Gilbert...I recall, but cannot find, you got a Retirement Kitap for your Mam for a very decent price...can you recollect the details and please post?

bakung

May 4, 2011
I found this on the web and it seems to be up to date, maybe somebody can verify it exact or not.
cancel it this balipod wont let me put the link, very strange for a information forum ?.

Last edited:

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
balipod wont let me put the link, very strange for a information forum ?.

You can post links after you have made at least 10 posts. It helps to prevent spam, just type it out like google dot com.

bakung

May 4, 2011
ok thanks i will try it, but hey i am retired and this is hard work ?. expat dot or dot id / info

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.

hahaha, yeah...that's what 'suckers' pay the simple 5 X yearprice...
there was a great guy on here "aquarius" if I recall right, a shame he stopped posting here on the forum..but he is active on another forum and official prices can be found there for various kitas.

bakung

May 4, 2011
and where can this forum be found please, not quite sure what you mean by ( simple 5 X year price ) ?.
thanks

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Gil we will talk again when my present Kitas runs out which I remember you quoting a price of 1million for.

That is actually the official price for the stupid piece of paper.

Unfortunately the "real" price includes the agent (mandatory) fees which then seem to make it slightly more pricey - slightly in this case is 5 million more slightlys.

Throw in a multiple entry and exit visa and the slightlys become quite breathtaking at around and extra 2 million.

Care to give a class in how we/I can avoid this patently carnivorous misuse of my money?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
When you've had a KITAS for two consecutive years and go to renew for the third year, at that time you can apply to convert the KITAS into a KITAP.

As for benefits, cheaper then extending each year...besides that I don't think there are any other benefits.

Other marginal benefits:
- you can get an exit permit that is valid for 2 years rather than 1
- you can get SIM (Driver's license) that lasts for 5 years

bakung

May 4, 2011
what is the costs for the re entry permit, i was quoted 1.7 mill for 11 months and it seems i have to pay that if i want it, it seems you cant use another agent as you have to use the one who got the retire kitas in the first place, is this correct or am i being led up the old garden path.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
what is the costs for the re entry permit, i was quoted 1.7 mill for 11 months and it seems i have to pay that if i want it, it seems you cant use another agent as you have to use the one who got the retire kitas in the first place, is this correct or am i being led up the old garden path.

Your observation is the same as mine...only the same agent can obtain the exit/re-entry permit...I thought I could DIY that but couldn't!
The price for 11 months is about the same as my price.

I've googled and searched but cannot find a reference to a Retirement Kitas being able to convert after 2 years...all the info I read is still 5 years.

@markit..I agree..the total comes to about 8 mill for 1 year and exit/re-entry for 11 months.

blightyboy

Feb 10, 2011
Ubud, Bali
The cost of converting from kitas to kitap is not 30 million RP. Nor is the cost of extending a kitas each year 6 million RP. I presume that these are the prices paid to agents. Agents pay bribes to immigration officials, hence the inflated fees. The real costs, printed at immigration offices, are a fraction of these prices. Personally I think it is wrong for foreigners to get involved in corrupt practices. Apart from everything else it screws it up for the rest of us who want to go through the legitimate channels.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The cost of converting from kitas to kitap is not 30 million RP. Nor is the cost of extending a kitas each year 6 million RP. I presume that these are the prices paid to agents. Agents pay bribes to immigration officials, hence the inflated fees. The real costs, printed at immigration offices, are a fraction of these prices. Personally I think it is wrong for foreigners to get involved in corrupt practices. Apart from everything else it screws it up for the rest of us who want to go through the legitimate channels.

Instead of chastizing members you should follow the thread from the beginning. The OP is talking about a Retirement Kitas. This Kitas is mandated that a qualified Agent sponsors...thus it isn't a DIY visa, and the prices printed at Immigration Offices do not reflect a Retirement Visa cost.

Also, the Agent has to apply for the MERP. The prices quoted by the Agent are in the vicinity of Rp 6 million each year and they do multiply for the 5year Kitap.

I wish it were otherwise but...until Indonesia changes the law ...that is the only way.

bakung

May 4, 2011
visit from immigration

Instead of chastizing members you should follow the thread from the beginning. The OP is talking about a Retirement Kitas. This Kitas is mandated that a qualified Agent sponsors...thus it isn't a DIY visa, and the prices printed at Immigration Offices do not reflect a Retirement Visa cost.

Also, the Agent has to apply for the MERP. The prices quoted by the Agent are in the vicinity of Rp 6 million each year and they do multiply for the 5year Kitap.

I wish it were otherwise but...until Indonesia changes the law ...that is the only way.

Regarding the retirement Kitas, i just extended mine in oct just gone and all went easy using my agent at cost of 5 million, i got 3 months re/entry included at cost of 600,000 and am now in my own country for a holiday, now this is where the problem is coming ?, it seems i have had a visit from 2 immigration and another official who i am told is international police ? that works alongside immigration in their office ( never heard of it before so dont know truth of it ) came to my rented home in kuta asking to see me. as i am not there the house owner took them to meet my friend to explain where i am and they asked for rent aggrement and that was that.
now i got a call from my friend today saying they have contacted her wanting life insurance and health insurance papers.
i thought this was taken care of by the agents in thier own way of doing things as never been asked before for them.
or are the officials looking for the extras ?.
anybody had this before as i am a bit wary of heading back, dont want grief at counter after a 32 hour flight.
regards.