Ray51

Feb 4, 2012
Hi Guys,
My wife is Indonesian and we married with no pre-nup. Can we set up a PMA with the intention of buying land, building houses and selling them? If not, what other options would we have and with regard to building our own house to live in.

Regards,

Ray

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Ray, use the search engine at the top of the page. Try using "pma pre-nup". There are dozens of threads with information on this subject.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Ray,

a PMA for just one house is by far too expensive (and if you want to live in it yourselves even more), there are solutions for this problem here in Indonesia. You worry about that your wife can't legally own a house here with freehold status I guess? You can send me a PM I'll give you a place you can go
BUT if you're planing on buying larger plots of land & develop them (build on them as you said) It might be a good idea to set up a PMA, it might cause for a PMA you've to change the land status from Hak Milik into Hak Guna Bangunan (HGB), this HGB status your clients probably want to change back (which is possible but expensive) so they might not like it (I'm 1 of them) or want you to include the costs into the sales agreement. So with an indonesian wife I would go with a nominee agreement PLUS a 100 years lease agreement from your nominee on top (so in case she might say one day "this land belongs to me" she can't sell it cause she rent it to you for 100 years)

Cheers

Ray51

Feb 4, 2012
Hi Sakumabali,
Thanks for the information. It seems like I can't send you a personal message as I'm only new on the forum. Could you please send me a personal message with the information please?

Thanks

Ray

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Hey ray all you have to do is have 10 posts in the forum . .What i did is just went and just found old threads and just put the odd comment on them and then you can send PM