kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
I have seen on the forums that it appears paying for a house upfront for at least a year is the norm in Bali. I am coming there soon for work and my savings have not accumulated in the manner that I had hoped. Is renting month to month a realistic possibility? I will be working in Denpasar but I do not know where I will be living yet. Sanur seems nice. Someone has also suggested Renon.

Does anyone have a general idea of what a standard one or two bedroom house costs? Nothing fancy like pools, staff, etc...but would like something furnished.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hi again...

just an idea ok...contact your employer and tell him/her/them of your housing-'problem', chances are pretty big they will help you out (they already paid 1200USD for your workingpermit, and would hate to see that go down the drain :icon_wink: )...
you could stay in a 'kos', that's sort of a boarding house, one room sometimes it comes furnished, and is payable per month. anywhere between 500K and 1million depending on location/furnished/ac...

Sanur is nice, renon too...but depending on neighboorhood within those places and renting through an agent (middleman) it can be payable or can get expensive...ofcourse also the size of the land/house/furnishing has an effect on the price.

My tip (and probably other members will tell you the same)...if your employer can't assist you finding a place, stay in a hotel a couple of days..in these days you can search (make contacts) to find a kos, or even right away a house to your liking.
but take your time and don't make any rash decisions.
friendly greetings, gilbert.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
kcooper, have you checked out the "Costs of Living in Bali" forum?

Costs of Living in Bali

These questions have been asked many times previously, so you should be able to find the answers there.

This thread below, although it relates to families, will give you some idea of basic costs.