Markit

Have been avoiding this like the plague but the situation is getting critical. I think I need a phone line and I really have no idea how to go about it.

House is in the middle of a coconut orchard about 300 meters from the next main road with telephone lines on it.

Have power posts (pillars, pylons ?) going to the house but how do I get a telephone line?

And, dare I ask it, how much?

Since nothing is for sure here just broad brush stokes would be good please. Unless that is you have exact info...:icon_wink:

Thanks in advance
Markit

Well Markit,
Here we had telephone lines installed. They did not use the existing power cable posts but put their own at the end of the road. Result; very long wire with no support [apart from trees , car ports, roofs etc] all at the grand cost of 400,000 installed, with phone and an internet modem.

Mat thanks for that - were there any problems with getting a number?

I've heard that here in the Candi Dasa / Amlapura area the numbers are scarce - something to do with only having 3/4 digital numbers to play with.

I've been trying to get a phone line up to our place with no positive results. We are too far away from any existing phone lines. Don't know about the scarcity thing cause everyone I know that has a land line in the Candidasa area has 5 digit numbers and the one number I know of outside the Amlapura area (near Temege) also has 5 digits.

It'd be interesting to know where you are and see what luck you have, but I think we will never get a land line.....

I've heard that here in the Candi Dasa / Amlapura area the numbers are scarce - something to do with only having 3/4 digital numbers to play with.

Have been avoiding this like the plague but the situation is getting critical. I think I need a phone line and I really have no idea how to go about it.

May i suggest you visit your local Telkom branch in Amlapura?(or send your pembantu for information)
I have found the Telkom people here in the branch office(gianyar kota) most helpful and professional.They have a fast-working computersystem ,so they are most effective for indonesian standards.
Make sure your telephone line is installed lower than the electricity cables,so when lightning strikes,it will strike the electricity cables and your modem will not immediately be blown up.The guys in the field are less convincingly effective.
The speedy-internet team i dealt with was very professional.One of them was trained in Singapore.
0363 area numbers have only 5 digits so far,so maybe that is why the numbers are scarce.
Good luck.

Kancatel

And the phonenumber for the KAntor CAmat TELkom in Amlapura is 0363-21222.
The adress is not listed in the white pages,but Amlapura is not so big.

We have an 11 digit number, so no problem.

Back