Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Mishy, if you're a qualified teacher (or will be) then why not apply to one of the many expat schools? Much more interesting than teaching English as a second language I would've thought and the school will sort out work visas on your behalf. Frankly, your chances of getting an Admin job are very slim because there are so many locals who can do that, and at a much lower wage.

Phil,
Unfortunately I wont be qualified by the time I arrive as I am only in my second year and I am putting my studys on hold to travel the world. I will take it back up when I get back to Australia but until then I am on leave. I may just not be able to work over there which just means I wont be able to stay as long. Will just keep trying all the way up until I arrive in Bali. Thanks for your message though :)

Larnes

Jul 28, 2008
Phil,
Unfortunately I wont be qualified by the time I arrive as I am only in my second year and I am putting my studys on hold to travel the world. I will take it back up when I get back to Australia but until then I am on leave. I may just not be able to work over there which just means I wont be able to stay as long. Will just keep trying all the way up until I arrive in Bali. Thanks for your message though :)

Given the standard of your written English, particularly grammar, spelling and punctuation, I sincerely hope that you will not teach my child. The OP also does nothing to bolster my confidence in modern teacher training.

Why, oh why, do people assume that because they speak English, that they can teach?

I am with Gilbert and Fred on this one, looks wonky.

Last edited:

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Given the standard of your written English, particularly grammar, spelling and punctuation, I sincerely hope that you will not teach my child. The OP also does nothing to bolster my confidence in modern teacher training.

Why, oh why, do people assume that because they speak English, that they can teach?

I am with Gilbert and Fred on this one, looks wonky.

Larnes,

I actually wrote this message on my phone which is why the punctuation and spelling are not 100%. I am a very good teacher and take offence to your message. I hope I do get to teach your children as I will teach them not to judge people whom they have never met. I scored some of the highest marks in school and also worked my way to a very high position within a company in Australia through hard work and my ability. I am not sure why you feel that you need to trash people you do not know but if it makes you feel better about yourself then so be it. I know that the children in Bali would benefit from my teaching and so what you have to say does not impact that. All I can say is if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all (My parents taught me that).

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
Mishy,

you can teach my kids any day you like!

And Larnes, if you want to play the pedantic game, let's play.

The second 'that' in your third sentence is completely redundant. And it should be 'I am with Gilbert and Fred on this one: looks wonky.' Or you could use a dash instead of the colon.

Phil

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Mishy,

you can teach my kids any day you like!

And Larnes, if you want to play the pedantic game, let's play.

The second 'that' in your third sentence is completely redundant. And it should be 'I am with Gilbert and Fred on this one: looks wonky.' Or you could use a dash instead of the colon.

Phil

Thank you Phil. I agree "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Jan 13, 2012
on Bali? dream on :icon_lol:

Actually, that is in the ball park for some of the schools in Bali, however the thread starter canvassing for people here will not be offering anywhere near this.

It works like this. The "school" is foreign owned, lets say based in the US or China. A businessperson in Bali works out an agreement with said school for x amount of dollars per online teaching session they can fill. Lets say roughly $12 for a 45 minute online session.

They rent a building, buy some computers and put in an internet connection, basically an internet cafe. They then need to fill the classes, so they sell the Bali dream to expats and even offer incentives to current employees to recruit staff. Remember this is all internet based and even online education does not escape the affiliate culture.

Once hired the employees either work illegally for about 60k per class taught or get locked into a crappy contract for say 7juta a month for a 35 hours week, payed in arrears of course, so the "school" can withhold money for lateness, missed classes etc etc.

The goal is to fill as many classes as possible, the students and the class content runs a distant second.

There are so many people that want to spend a year in Bali livin the dream that they fill the places easily.

....allegedly ;)

Farrah

May 11, 2012
seeking employment

hi i am a 23 year old South African, moving to Bali in July and was hoping to find an English teaching position before getting to Bali. I am currently completing my TEFL course. If you are still looking for native english speaking expats for the position i would be very interested in hearing what the job would entail. Kind Regards Farrah (farrahhiggs#gmail.com)

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
For "Rp 17 juta/month ?", maybe even I could get coaxed out of retirment and dust off my degrees.

I'm not sure, of course, but I wonder if dontworryaboutit has hit the nail on the head here? Nothing quite adds up.

People in stone houses shouldn't throw glass