C

CanonMan

Well I thought the day would be a longer way off but I've now realized as I go into the second year of being that the company I have started needs investment to expand. Currently running at zero loss with no debt. Some bullet points:

Formed as a PT with local partner
Personal investment thus far: $73,400
Sectors: Ocean and watersports imaging and clothing based manufacturer.
Head office located in Sanur
Four Consignment outlets in Bali each with monthly sales
Established online shopping and web sites
Main product is in development which hasn't been announced publicly as yet. Will discuss with possible investors.
Expanding client base with International orders for custom water sports clothing
37,000+ social media audience
The facebook following
The Twitter following

Seeking investment of $175k with a Gross 20% ROI on the principle over six years with deferred initial payment until end of second calendar year.
Five repayments with a total repayment of $210,000
Investment also gets you a 25% share of the company. Profit sharing at the end of each fiscal year once repayment of the principle has been realized.

Investment will be used for:
Securing of a retail sales outlet in the Seminyak / Oberoi area
Expansion of clothing product range diversity
The shifting of the majority of production from Bali to Bandung, Java, where better quality but greater minimums are key to reducing overhead expenditure.
Increased advertising within Bali and pertinent international water and Ocean sport themed media.
The hiring of a couple of clothing designers. All design work to date has been carried out by me, an ex-Brit squaddie!
The acquisition and decorative livery of a company vehicle.
To have a contingency pool for additional Office materials as and when required.

Just an overview of what I'm looking to offer any potential investors. I'm not wanting to enter into discussions with people who want to find holes on any of the points I've mentioned. If you would seriously like to discuss this option further please either PM me here of contact me directly at my work email which is mark at liquidmocean dot com.

Regards,
Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CanonMan

Correction

That should read:

Seeking investment of $175k with a Gross 20% ROI on the principle over six years with deferred initial payment until end of second calendar year. Five repayments with a total repayment of $210,000

OR

A 25% share of the company with profit sharing at the end of each fiscal year.

Cheers,
Mark.

C

CanonMan

I was brought up by my 1/6th part Scottish grandmother, I therefore take it I would be 1/8th part being the offspring of her daughter. Her words were always on my mind "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" even many years after she passed. Now I guess that element in my gene makeup, coming from the land where copper wire was invented, as the result of an argument over a penny, is shining through.

I have readjusted the financial incentive for possible interested parties and posted them here.

For those who want to stay on the forum:

Fixed at 5.8%pa during total repayment schedule of 6 years, extended by one year from the original plan. Payment deferred until end of second calendar year.
Total repayment on the principle is equal to 34.8% or US$60,900
Total repayment over 6 years: US$39,317pa
Total repayment: US$235,900
Total Investor Relationship duration: 7 years.

Thanks for taking the time to look them over.

Cheers,
Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tango67

Jan 28, 2011
Macau
just so i am clear and not missing something:

Invest $175K and return of $210K in 6 years - $35K profit

If i place the $175 in a cash account in HK i get 5% return - $52,500 - No risk

Im not knocking you as i am interested in investing but whats the incentive?

C

CanonMan

Negative:

Tango, if you read the rest of the thread you will see that I have adjusted to the following:

Fixed at 5.8%pa during total repayment schedule of 6 years, extended by one year from the original plan. Payment deferred until end of second calendar year.
Total repayment on the principle is equal to 34.8% or US$60,900
Total repayment over 6 years: US$39,317pa
Total repayment: US$235,900
Total Investor Relationship duration: 7 years.

Cheers,
Mark.

C

CanonMan

Hi Gilbert,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be going through figures etc during talks with potential investors via email. I'm happy for most things to be discussed in public but some things I prefer to keep under wraps.

Cheers, hope all is well with you.
Mark.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I have an even better investment. Put $175,000 with me.
I show you my hotels, bars and restaurants in Bali. You know that you are investing in something solid.
At the end of the first year I give you 20% return on your money ($35,000).
At the end of your second year I give you 20% return on your money ($35,000).
At the end of your third year I give you 20% return on your money ($35,000).
This return is guaranteed, we will even arrange these transfers from my bank to yours on the day that the $175,000 is deposited. It will be authorised by the bank manager.
How good is this offer? You can not lose!
:icon_rolleyes:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
all is okey, survived another weekend ;)

yeah, that makes sense, the discussing it with investors
I was just thinking from your point of view and from the investors, and figured that to somehow justify value-ing the company based on the percentages you give,
you must have some good sale numbers.
but correct if I am wrong, you're actually looking for a loan and not an investor.
and I am not trying to be a smartass or something like that, I mean it in a positive way.
have you thought about getting a loan at a bank..I think (almost sure) a PT can get a company loan.
again I am just trying to maybe help you see some options.

One thing is for sure, in one year...when starting you've decided to go alone instead of taking on a partner (control and debtfree)...
and now after a year with what you've achieved so far,
imho, you've done and doing a good job.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
I show you my hotels, bars and restaurants in Bali. You know that you are investing in something solid.
This return is guaranteed, we will even arrange these transfers from my bank to yours on the day that the $175,000 is deposited. It will be authorised by the bank manager.

Hi no.idea

Which hotels and restaurants do ou own in Bali?

C

CanonMan

With all due respect would you please start your own thread and not hijack this one.

Regards,
Mark.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
With all due respect would you please start your own thread and not hijack this one.

Regards,
Mark.

Mark,
I am not hijaking your thread. My investment advise was not serious however my post was VERY serious. I am simply highlighting the pit falls of investing in any business here. Please understand I have many years of experience in business in Indonesia.
I know many of the scams. What do you think happens in year 4 of my prospectus?
By year 2 you have told your mates of this great return. They throw in their money. By this stage I have more than a million dollars of the wood ducks money.
By year 5 my office is closed and I am no where around.
In my case I could not do this, but many do. The worst part is that they still walk around with their head held high.
It happens all the time and it happens on a regular basis.
A web site costs $300 to set up. A scam based on that web site can pull in millions.

C

CanonMan

Thanks for pointing that out.

The last thing I want though is this kind of tangent on a seriously intended thread. In this case people can come and inspect the produce, check the outlets, look at the corporate set up and also do the online research. Our company is solid, the foundation is strong and hopefully the future is bright. There will always be scam artists but there is no need to cast seeds of doubt by painting every bonafide investment request from an Indonesian based concern as potentially nefarious. Every potential investor has to carry out their own due diligence in order to appease their personal standards of project legitimacy.

Regards,
Mark.