zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable local moving company? We need a company to help us move our household stuff (furniture and appliances as well) within Bali. Thank you.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable local moving company? We need a company to help us move our household stuff (furniture and appliances as well) within Bali. Thank you.

We considered a moving company to move us into the new house but in the end we took our Balinese friends' recommendations to just use a crew of guys from our building site and we're glad we did. They did a better job than the international moving company who moved us to Bali. We had a lot of boxes and some very heavy and bulky items (furniture and large appliances) to move but they did it all cheerfully and without mishap. It also cost us a small fraction of what a moving company would have charged.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
We considered a moving company to move us into the new house but in the end we took our Balinese friends' recommendations to just use a crew of guys from our building site and we're glad we did. They did a better job than the international moving company who moved us to Bali. We had a lot of boxes and some very heavy and bulky items (furniture and large appliances) to move but they did it all cheerfully and without mishap. It also cost us a small fraction of what a moving company would have charged.

Thanks Polly, did your crew arrage for the transportation (truck) as well? We will also need boxes and wrapping paper (or bubble paper), as we have unpacked our stuff last year and gave back the boxes to the moving company - do you think that your crew would want to move us? At the moment we don't know yet, where to. Thanks.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Hi,
Hi I ship stuff from Bali to the UK and if you want your stuff well packed and transported use a shipping company. They all have trucks and pack well. I use Bali intercont cargo. I would say worth calling a couple, and by the nature of their work they will be able to take instructions in english.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Thanks Polly, did your crew arrage for the transportation (truck) as well? We will also need boxes and wrapping paper (or bubble paper), as we have unpacked our stuff last year and gave back the boxes to the moving company - do you think that your crew would want to move us? At the moment we don't know yet, where to. Thanks.

I wish I'd seen your message three days ago! We had heaps of boxes, paper, and bubble wrap but it has all been taken. Anyway, the crew who moved us were our wall building crew and they are now gone and working on another project. But if they hadn't wanted the job we would have just asked around, starting with the guy we rented the truck from.
The problem for you, though, is needing the moving boxes and wrap. I don't know who can help with that. I'm sorry I'm not able to offer anything useful.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Hi I ship stuff from Bali to the UK and if you want your stuff well packed and transported use a shipping company. They all have trucks and pack well. I use Bali intercont cargo. I would say worth calling a couple, and by the nature of their work they will be able to take instructions in english.

Thanks, Mat. I did call up an international relocation company, just to get an idea of prices. Got a quote of usd 25 per cbm - quite expensive. so, i'll continue 'shopping around'

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
I wish I'd seen your message three days ago! We had heaps of boxes, paper, and bubble wrap but it has all been taken. Anyway, the crew who moved us were our wall building crew and they are now gone and working on another project. But if they hadn't wanted the job we would have just asked around, starting with the guy we rented the truck from.
The problem for you, though, is needing the moving boxes and wrap. I don't know who can help with that. I'm sorry I'm not able to offer anything useful.

Thanks again, Polly - and no worries, I am sure that i'll find something sooner or later. Do you still have the contacts of the guy you hired the truck from? If yes, could you pm this to me? I can always ask him.
Yes, I wished I had kept some of the boxes - never thought that I would move again so fast.

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
Thanks again, Polly - and no worries, I am sure that i'll find something sooner or later. Do you still have the contacts of the guy you hired the truck from? If yes, could you pm this to me? I can always ask him.
Yes, I wished I had kept some of the boxes - never thought that I would move again so fast.

About the boxes:I do not know how much stuff you have,but in general you can find empty,sturdy boxes for free at bigger supermarkets.

About your moving:I sense some sort of unwanted departure from your lodgings.Mind to share with us?

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
About the boxes:I do not know how much stuff you have,but in general you can find empty,sturdy boxes for free at bigger supermarkets.

About your moving:I sense some sort of unwanted departure from your lodgings.Mind to share with us?

Thanks Hermit - yes, you're absolutely right. Now, the good news came yesterday evening. Rental amount stays, but for 2 years duration. I am so happy :icon_razz:, no headache with packing and moving and unpacking (we came last year with a 20 footer...) Oh, and I almost moved to your neighborhood - you're in Bona right? I am now helping the owner to find a tenant.

Thanks also to Polly - we don't need the contact number for the truck anymore.

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
Thanks Hermit - yes, you're absolutely right. Now, the good news came yesterday evening. Rental amount stays, but for 2 years duration. I am so happy :icon_razz:, no headache with packing and moving and unpacking (we came last year with a 20 footer...) Oh, and I almost moved to your neighborhood - you're in Bona right? I am now helping the owner to find a tenant.

Thanks also to Polly - we don't need the contact number for the truck anymore.

I did not know any house for rent in Bona.Or near Bona?

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali

Hi Zoyra,
With the move and a guest from overseas I haven't visited Balipod in many days and just now saw your post. Do you still want the truck hire details? If so I can easily get them for you.
I hope I've moved for the last time but we have thought that a number of times in the past. We never suspected we'd move to Bali. We're too familiar with the "they'll take me out of here in a box" syndrome. Instead it has been us taking many boxes out.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Hi Zoyra,
With the move and a guest from overseas I haven't visited Balipod in many days and just now saw your post. Do you still want the truck hire details? If so I can easily get them for you.
I hope I've moved for the last time but we have thought that a number of times in the past. We never suspected we'd move to Bali. We're too familiar with the "they'll take me out of here in a box" syndrome. Instead it has been us taking many boxes out.

Thanks, Polly - luckily we don't need to move (I hope for the next 2 years) anymore. Gosh, I still can't believe it - am so glad. I hope everything went well with your move. Getting settled and cosy in your new home? All the best wishes.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Thanks, Polly - luckily we don't need to move (I hope for the next 2 years) anymore. Gosh, I still can't believe it - am so glad. I hope everything went well with your move. Getting settled and cosy in your new home? All the best wishes.

It has been an eventful couple of weeks. We had our house blessing ceremony (which I made memorable by falling in the pond in the middle of the ceremony) on the dark moon (1 June) and spent the first night in our house that night. The next day a friend arrived from Australia for 10 days. While she was here I came down with some sort of mystery illness and I'm just now recovering. So last night was the first night the two of us were in the house without guests and today I hope to begin getting in control of the house and my life. So much to do but we are so happy we're goofy.

coltleader

Jul 6, 2011

I have used them successfully as well.

arsinibali

Jun 29, 2011
any one want to move to Kerobokan Kaja??? ( Dalung Permai area). I have a house for rent monthly or yearly, fully furnished with 2 bedroom , 1 room for beauty/spa treatment or store luggage, living and dining area, kitchen, garage, garden. House is not at main street road...thanks for your help.

Sep 19, 2021
We considered a movers in abu dhabi to move us into the new house but in the end we took our Balinese friends' recommendations to just use a crew of guys from our building site and we're glad we did. They did a better job than the international moving company who moved us to Bali. We had a lot of boxes and some very heavy and bulky items (furniture and large appliances) to move but they did it all cheerfully and without mishap. It also cost us a small fraction of what a moving company would have charged.
I am looking for a moving service to Canada on the east coast. any suggestions?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I am looking for a moving service to Canada on the east coast. any suggestions?
I'd advertise for a portion or all of a container and do it yourself. Getting stuff out of Bali is a dream compared to into Indonesia. Your only problem will be with customs on the Canadian side but if you don't have anything strange again should be easy. Container to the US is around $7k now.

Reactions: mugwump

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I'd advertise for a portion or all of a container and do it yourself. Getting stuff out of Bali is a dream compared to into Indonesia. Your only problem will be with customs on the Canadian side but if you don't have anything strange again should be easy. Container to the US is around $7k now.
From previous posts, somehow I don't think he/she is moving from Bali :rolleyes:

Reactions: britoo