mrsgabry

Hi all,
next year we want to do a major kitchen renovation. Has anyone experience with this or can suggest a good planner? We have some good local workers who are willing to do this but I have not so much trust in their ability concerning the planning. We dont need a hypermodern western kitchen because I think this will not work so well in the humid bali climate but it should be functional and easy to keep clean.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We live in Taman Mumbul (Nusa Dua area).
Are there maybe some good kitchen shops in Kuta/Legian/Denpasar? Where should we buy stove, microwave, fridge etc? Carrefour ?
Thanks,
Gabriele

@mrsgabry
We bought a new villa in Kerobokan about 9 months ago. At the outset we knew the open-to-living kitchen, being minimalistic, was unsuitable, so set about designing ourselves. We had Aji-Gallery, who have a furniture outlet near Kerobokan jail, to assist. We had purchased a lot of furniture from them and was delighted with those products. The owner, Pak Herri, assisted in modifying the design and we contracted. He subcontracted the countertops, backsplash tiles and electrical wiring, lights etc and gave us a package cost, which we thought reasonable.
We could have done cheaper using the villa contractor but I think he would have chosen a less reliable manufacturer and just made commission in the Bali way.
We looked at Merit and other importers but their pricing was out of our league and, IMO, too modern for the Balinese villa look.
Our kitchen is complete and we are delighted...it is solid and plank natural stained teak with granite countertops and is very much in keeping with Bali nature-style.
Highly recommend contacting Aji Gallery....they might show some pictures I authorised them to use in advertising.

We purchased all appliances from UFO in Denpasar...they gave a good discount as we also purchased TV's, A/C's etc.

Last edited:
Dear Davita, dear Ron,
thank you both very much for the information. I will check out Aji Gallery and UFO.
Thanks,
Gabriele

@mrsgabry
We bought a new villa in Kerobokan about 9 months ago. At the outset we knew the open-to-living kitchen, being minimalistic, was unsuitable, so set about designing ourselves. We had Aji-Gallery, who have a furniture outlet near Kerobokan jail, to assist. We had purchased a lot of furniture from them and was delighted with those products. The owner, Pak Herri, assisted in modifying the design and we contracted. He subcontracted the countertops, backsplash tiles and electrical wiring, lights etc and gave us a package cost, which we thought reasonable.
We could have done cheaper using the villa contractor but I think he would have chosen a less reliable manufacturer and just made commission in the Bali way.
We looked at Merit and other importers but their pricing was out of our league and, IMO, too modern for the Balinese villa look.
Our kitchen is complete and we are delighted...it is solid and plank natural stained teak with granite countertops and is very much in keeping with Bali nature-style.
Highly recommend contacting Aji Gallery....they might show some pictures I authorised them to use in advertising.
Kitchen Remodel Contractors
We purchased all appliances from UFO in Denpasar...they gave a good discount as we also purchased TV's, A/C's etc.
My wife and I are considering some kitchen renovations. Does anyone know of any reliable/reasonable contractors in the Edmonton/St. Albert area? Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mrs. Gaby died 2 years ago RIP and from the direction of your post you will probably meet her yourself soon.

Say HI from Mark.

wow thats a post resurrection 10+ years.. the two first responders are past.. and possibly the Canadian is on the meth diet

Back