balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Jamie Oliver is set to launch his Jamie’s Italian restaurant brand in yet another country, with a restaurant in Bali, Indonesia on the cards.

The Jamie’s Italian group has partnered will Hotel Properties Limited (HPL) on the project, and building applications have already been submitted to the relevant authorities.

If all goes to plan, the restaurant will occupy a site adjacent to the Hard Rock Hotel Bali in the tourist hub of Kuta, and it will open for business at some stage next year.

“I’m really excited at the prospect of bringing Jamie’s Italian to Kuta Beach in Bali. We’re thrilled to be working with HPL again, who are absolutely fantastic partners,” said Oliver.

“Beautiful food and some really amazing cocktails coupled with sun, sand and sea – what’s not to love?”

Bali the next location for Jamie’s Italian | Hospitality Magazine

G

Gurkha

“Beautiful food and some really amazing cocktails coupled with sun, sand and sea – what’s not to love?” Traffic, Pollution, Touts etc.!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Never did understand this Celebrity Chef thing - especially if they have published a cookbook.

Why would I go to a "Celebrity" resto and pay megabucks for a meal cooked by a guy (that has probably also never met the Celeb) that is only reading it from a cookbook that I can read too?

Unlike many here (apparently most here burn water) I can actually cook pretty well.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Markit same reason people pay 55k plus 21% tax/fees to have a small bintang at "rock bar" or "fins" .They can brag oh I was there

P

paulseawind

Markit same reason people pay 55k plus 21% tax/fees to have a small bintang at "rock bar" or "fins" .They can brag oh I was there

There is an occasional 'karaoke bar' not more than 150 metres from my place where a Bintang besar will set you back 45K but you get a nice 'cuddle a lot' while you are drinking it in the onshore breeze while 'relaxing' in the bamboo structure they might call outdoor seating
The Customer Service Treatment is a ten out of ten attentive from the '7' older one and zip from the '8.5' and aloof younger (nicely slim) one

The venue was originally named 'Rasa Sayang' and has been re-badged to ROCKSTAR
Still did not boost sales so I fear they will shut the doors once again

I can brag I have been there even though it was only the one time

I left my calling card just to be polite
The older one of the two contacted me a month later and said she was coming back early next month and wanted to see me again
I said that's fine - I will ask my wife if she does not mind
Well, that put pay to that 'unwanted interference'

P

paulseawind

Seems like ignorance is bliss in your case
That is, not much 'exposure' to what can go wrong
Just try to imagine how many times you have 'avoided' problems

Karaoke bar girls, massage girls and, of course, cafe girls are to be avoided because of Chlamidia, HIV and UTIs
It's that simple

However, a SYT that works in an apothek or the Library or a Law Firm, etc, that is, not in a risky job, is a different proposition

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ma, get the gun there's a critter out there really needs shootin!

Just to add a little more zest to an already trashed thread: does anyone (other than PSW) know where I can get the film showtimes for the Galleria 21 Cinema for what's showing now?

I've just spent a fruitless hour looking online and I know they don't run the cinema as a business(sarcasm alert) but nowhere can I find the showtimes...

Last edited:

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
[MENTION=9978]no.idea[/MENTION] very quick response from her.

Attachments

• 20131030_134121.jpg
    20131030_134121.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
Never did understand this Celebrity Chef thing - especially if they have published a cookbook.

Why would I go to a "Celebrity" resto and pay megabucks for a meal cooked by a guy (that has probably also never met the Celeb) that is only reading it from a cookbook that I can read too?

Unlike many here (apparently most here burn water) I can actually cook pretty well.

The day Jamie/Ramsey et all can turn out a low calorie fried Mars bar recipe, I'm sold.
Nah as it happens that particular delicacy is more or less confined (TF) to the Weggy community, those wonderful people of Ayrshire who consider both Vodka and Cornflakes as essential food groups, often consumed together.
Hopin' the Chilli offer still stands, but delayed until December Marko

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Not if they watch that video they won't - did you see how dirty his fingernails were? Euuu! Don't want his fingers any where near my grub thanks.