Jack Rossi

May 31, 2013
Dear forum members,
I am a small scale builder from dear old europe who lived in China for a number of years, has a good experience in the wine industry and soon will come again to Lombok and Bali for two reasons, first we found a wine importer that will collaborate with us distributing our wines and liqueurs in indonesia and , after a long time evaluating the possibilities and risks, we are going to venture in building a couple of properties in Lombok.
If you have any curiosity regarding wooden houses, sourcing products from China (also logistics and taxes),italian knives, wine or anything related to construction feel free to ask.
Myself i joined this forum because of my curiosity and desire to talk to people that already had their share of experience and pains related to the building industry.
Wishing you all a great Friday evening,
JBR

summerwood

May 12, 2013
North Bal, i NE USA
Where in Lombok? Choose your site well. Are you going to be importing wine? I'm currently building in Bali north, in the village of Pemuteran. I looked in Lombok a few years ago really wanted to be in Sekotong Bay. None of the land is freehold all owned by the government. People where selling squatting rights, basiclly worthless. In my brief experience in Lombok I came away with too many negatives, 1) too many mosques and their building more..., 2) corrupt and dishonest local and government level ,3) too far
Good luck

Jack Rossi

May 31, 2013
Thank you,
About the wine tasting we will do promotion even if the govt taxes heavily also the bottles we use for promotion and that makes big events pricey but we already did some events in jakarta before so you can expect a number of events in the upcoming months (as soon as all the paperwork gets trough).

About the location it is still under discussion so any suggestion is warmly welcome.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Always love a good wine for dinner:icon_e_biggrin:
Which wine importer works with you?
last I heard there's only 2 company that have the necessary license to import any alcohol beverages : Sarinah and Indowine.
The last one is in Bali in Sunset
Other than those 2 you are using a long chains of agent and extra costs.

Good luck on the business, more options for wine is always appreciated