TerryL

Jan 11, 2010
Broome, Western Australia
Hi All and forgive me if this topic has been aired before. If it has, I couldn't find it :icon_rolleyes:

My wife has an IPad to which she is very attached and I need to know if we can buy a pre-paid micro sim in Bali. This would help avoid the horrendous roaming charges.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Terry

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Terry,

try the Mac House in (actually outside) the Istana Kuta Galleria, corner imam bonjol & patih jelantik (the road from the jalan legian to the sunset road),

I´d buy a standard telkomsel simpati sim card which you can find everywhere, go to the mac house and ask nicely if you can use their machine to make it smaller, I did some days ago...no problems since

cheers marc

jaime

Feb 15, 2011
I think in Telkomsel you can find microsim for an iPad, I've just seen that in telkomsel website.

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
Any idea why they do not make for a standard size card?

'they' = Apple?
Steve Jobs knows the answer :)

I notice one operator outside Indonesia having a pre-cut SIM card as their starter pack so people can simply snap the card to mini or micro size. I forgot to took a screenshot but Google must have the photo

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
is it becuase that ipad does not have a universal standard card?

Micro SIM is universal card. Its just 'new' to us, thanks to Apple hahaha.
This is like the transition era of old Motorola brick phone that used the credit-card size SIM to mobilephones with mini SIM we currently using now.

To give an idea about sizes of cards try Google with keyword 'mini micro sim card'.
I'm not yet allowed to post a link in this forum

Attachments

• micro-sim1.jpg
    micro-sim1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 422
  • microSIM-card-3FF-SIM.jpg
    microSIM-card-3FF-SIM.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 131

Ilovetravel

Mar 28, 2011
Micro SIM is universal card. Its just 'new' to us, thanks to Apple hahaha.
This is like the transition era of old Motorola brick phone that used the credit-card size SIM to mobilephones with mini SIM we currently using now.

To give an idea about sizes of cards try Google with keyword 'mini micro sim card'.
I'm not yet allowed to post a link in this forum

Ha, got it .Thanks