Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks Alex for that information...

That is exactly what I thought, because the new structure is completely different as in shape and size
we would need to apply for a new IMB...I will verify this with the notary next time I visit her..

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Excerpt from the Markit Book of Knowledge (abridged addition)

Indonesia survival course 101 - the first step in finding the correct answer to any questions here is to ask someone that has no financial interest in the answer either way.

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
Excerpt from the Markit Book of Knowledge (abridged addition)

Indonesia survival course 101 - the first step in finding the correct answer to any questions here is to ask someone that has no financial interest in the answer either way.

What's the next step?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Find another 2 just like the first and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

If you want to make something happen then take the objective "correct" answer back to one of those that have a financial interest and watch him try and get out of the corner he's backed himself into - this can actually work to your advantage as he will then try and help you even more just to prove he was not really trying to pork you.

Sounds complicated but in truth works pretty well.

Any more and you have to buy the book:icon_e_ugeek:

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
My notaris friend tells me that an IMB is issued to the current owner of the land. Only the owner of the land at the time of the application for an IMB can make the application. Not some other third party, such as a prospective buyer.

Totally not true, anyone can apply for an IMB on land that has correct zoning etc. In my case, I lease, but I had my driver (who is not the owner) apply for an IMB. What you do need is a bunch of signatures (which ones is covered many times).

Last edited:

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
So confusing as there are many different answers...
Peter the property I am interested in already has a IMB but I will be demolishing
the villas within the property and completely rebuilding...
Will I need to apply for a new IMB as I am changing the size and shape of the old premises..??

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi Lea,

You are completely demolishing and rebuilding right? You mean right down to breaking up the old slab and redoing foundations / the lot?

You need a new IMB. The building on the plans originally submitted for the first IMB must match the building that stands (ie your newe building will not match the building on the original IMB plans therefore is null)

I had Anjarini from Sabita business advisory take care of all mine - including liasing with Notaris and making sure everything was squared away legally.She speaks perfect English and located in an easy to find part of town.

You'll get a thousand conflicting answers here - just wander down and see her and she'll tell you how it is (her detials ive seen in another thread here somewhere - just use the search function). Just tell her what you are intending to do and she'll tell you how to go about the right way, and will also give you a quote and a lay the process out on an easy to understand spreadsheet.

Once you have that spreadsheet of how each process evolves - it'll be a lot clearer and you can decide whether to try and do it all yourself, or have someone do it for you.

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Lea, yes.

Your architect (you have one right?), will also need to make a "simplified" set of drawings for the application.

You don't need a Notary to file for an IMB, just a local (driver, gardener, friend) that will coordinate with the IMB office. IMBs are some of the easiest "official" documents to get in Indonesia. That is, if you have all your paperwork right and zoning etc is OK.

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Can anyone explain about the signatures...

This property is down a gang which has around 6 villas, then their is also the neighbours on the other side...

Is it all signatures in the gang or only signatures that are actually boundary neighbours..??

Thanks...

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Lea, it's the boundary neighbors only.
To confirm whether they have any objections with the land borders and building process

Oops, just realized that Spicy already answer this one:icon_lol:

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks Spicy and Ferdie...

Oh what bribe to hand to the neighbours...!!

Mature cheese
Vintage wine
Doubt my charm on its own will be enough...!!:applause:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
when my head finally stops spinning (waiting for the excorcist at the moment) I will send you a PM.
think that would be more constructive then to explain wich and why some answers are BS and thus avoiding a 'yes/no' discussion with some pos(t)ers.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Please Gil weigh in on this with your info as I'm completely confused by the differences in what I think and what others say, and it is really very important to get this right.

I thought the differences might be with the different regencies?

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Can anyone explain about the signatures...

This property is down a gang which has around 6 villas, then their is also the neighbours on the other side...

Is it all signatures in the gang or only signatures that are actually boundary neighbours..??

Thanks...

Lea, to the best of my knowledge it is called an Izin Gangguan HO (meaning Hinderordonnantie). (maybe Gil can interpret the dutch meaning). It boils down to getting the signatures of all the neighbors actually having borders with your property where they do not object to the inconvenience you are making there with your building process. This will be important for you if you are going to use your property as commercial enterprise.

:topsy_turvy:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Lea, to the best of my knowledge it is called an Izin Gangguan HO (meaning Hinderordonnantie). (maybe Gil can interpret the dutch meaning). It boils down to getting the signatures of all the neighbors actually having borders with your property where they do not object to the inconvenience you are making there with your building process. This will be important for you if you are going to use your property as commercial enterprise.

:topsy_turvy:

Where at all possible let the owner do this - he is motivated for the sale and knows his neighbors already.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Also if you have a problem with a neighbour not wishing to sign for any reason, maybe wants money or something, you can go to the kepala Desa and request from the head of the village to sign and over ride any objections or refusal to sign.