hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Its a long shot....

Has anyone used the Consular General in Ho Chi Minh city to process a 1 year multi entry business visa before? (or any visa for that mater)

The main Indo embassy is in Hanoi, but the web site says they process visas in Ho Chi Minh.

Ta in advance....

Last edited:

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Answering my own post here....but the sake of those who may seek in the future:

Yes it can be done here. And they actualy answer phones in the Consular office, and are very polite and very helpful.
$100 US
1 x application form (cannot download from internet, must retrieve in person from HCMC consulate)
2 x red background 3cm x 4cm passport photos
Supporting telex from dept immigration in JKT (depending on type of visa - in my case 212)
Processing time = 3 days (didnt attempt to try and make it faster and unsure whether this is possible)
Application and documentation can be sent in with a driver etc - no need to appear in person.

CONSULATE’s OFFICE HOUR

Monday - Friday:
08:00-17:00 with 2 hours break at 12:00-14:00
(please note that Consular section is close for business on Vietnamese and Indonesian holiday)
Visa enquiries:
Mr. Franky
Phone: (84-8) 3825 1888, 3822 3799

The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia
18, Phung Khac khoan St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
Telp. (84- 8) 3825 1888, 3822 3799
Fax. (84-8) 3829 9493
Email. [email protected]

Indonesian Consulate General

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It may be the long term effects of alcohol poisoning with me too but I'm not at all clear if you are asking for a visa back to Indo or for a visa for Vietnam from the Indo consulate (you may have an Indo passport?). Sorry in advance for being dim.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi Markit,

Its for an Indonesian multi-entry business visa (212 if i remember right) from the Indonesian Consulate in HCMC.

I was originally uncertain as the main Indonesian embassy is in Hanoi (a long way from where I am).......but there is an Indo Consulate in HCMC.

As it turns out there are quite a few Indonesians working in th south of vietnam.

I work on and off in Vietnam and am trying to get my yearly business visa for Indo done in Vietnam rather than having to stop off in Singapore and waste time and money doing it there on my way back to Bali.

As it turns out its a piece of cake in HCMC - but it does seem like the processing time is 3 days - as opposed to same day service in Singapore.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I suspected as much. The 3 day wait shouldn't be a biggy if you are there anyway.

Maybe inquire about getting retirement visas there if you think about it?

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
I'll send the consular guy an email and ask him if he does them there. I think the link i posted to their website might have that info....but the way they word their visa's is a bit ambiguous.

In small doses Vietnam is an amazing place, and a great place for a holiday. The food kicks ass.

I think the fact there are no direct Bali - Vietnam flights crosses it off the list for most people doing visa runs etc. But once you get to Singapore return flights with Tiger air SIN - HCMC are only about $50 each way.

Rambutmerah

Jul 30, 2006
Hinakos,
I'll soon be going to Vietnam for a 3 weeks stay. Really looking forward to it, will be my first visit to Vietnam. Feel free to recommend some "must" see attractions in the HCMC area. There for 4 days and then of to Phu Quoc for 10 days. No set plans for the last week but has been thinking about going on a trip in the Mekong Delta, would that be a good idea ?

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Just back from a week in VN (literally 1hour ago)
Caution: the Bui Vien area is a Kuta flashback - cheap hotels, cheap booze, loud music till 4am, street hustlers n very agressive shoe-shine guys (wear sandals)
For my sins, I stayed in the Bali Inn - absolutely nothing vaguely reminiscent of Bali

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hinakos,
I'll soon be going to Vietnam for a 3 weeks stay. Really looking forward to it, will be my first visit to Vietnam. Feel free to recommend some "must" see attractions in the HCMC area. There for 4 days and then of to Phu Quoc for 10 days. No set plans for the last week but has been thinking about going on a trip in the Mekong Delta, would that be a good idea ?
Hi Rambutmerah
The south is very different to the north. I havent been to the north but my partner has worked all over Vietnam for years and says its far nicer up that way.
The south can be a bit touristy.....
The Mekong has floating markets, the tunnels of Chu Chi (?) are also in the south but also a bit touristy (but can be fun depending on whos on all fours crawling in front of you in the tunnels), the war memorial in HCMC is an eye opener but a bit hard core with agent orange fetuses pickled in jars etc etc (remember to take of any clothing refencing anything in america!). We may like different things and i never spend much time wandering in Vietnam as i am sent straight to work every time i arrive.
I get a day (for my free time) on my way home from each work trip i make to vietnam, and most of the time i am dragged into a bar for a power drinking session with the guys i work with, after which i pass out and barely make my flights home - so i may not be the best person to be asking.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
I suspected as much. The 3 day wait shouldn't be a biggy if you are there anyway.

Maybe inquire about getting retirement visas there if you think about it?

they do process retirement visas there according to the guy who did my 212.

also ended up taking only a day, not 3 days (i got it back the day after my driver took it in)

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Hey Markit, I also have a contact in Vietnam re visas, come round soon to the chicken coop & we can discuss over some green teas :mask: maybe only a couple of weeks until we head for the hills......

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Do you perchance have a contact name/email/telephone for the person in the embassy?

CONSULATE’s OFFICE HOUR

Monday - Friday:
08:00-17:00 with 2 hours break at 12:00-14:00
(please note that Consular section is close for business on Vietnamese and Indonesian holiday)
Visa enquiries:
Mr. Franky
Phone: (84-8) 3825 1888, 3822 3799

Mr Franky is the man. perfect english.
but you need to go into the consulate to get the application form. its not able to be downloaded.