balilover09

Oct 11, 2011
hey everyone,

Im coming to bali in november on a 60 day tourist visa and will be extending just wondering if
anyone knows or has seen any western style kos around the the tuban, kuta legian area
im willing to pay about 1.5 mil a month or a little more including electric
if anyone knows anything could you please let me know

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
theres kostkosans everywhere tucked amongst the gangs away from the kuta central hub ...., but they dont keep rooms empty for just incase you turn up .

They are first in best dressed when the rooms become available , for many locals who live or want to live in the area , kostkosans are the only affordable means of living , so demand for a room is high ...,

so really , youll just have to turn up on the day and see if theres a room available , you maybe lucky , but its more than likely you will have to be prepared to do some extensive legwork over a period of time to find a suitable one that has a room available.

Im sorry if this sounds difficult , but thats how it is unfortunatly.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
You will not be extending your tourist visa. This is for a maximum of 60 days and is not extendable. You may get around this by converting to a Sosbud visa

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Widder can you show us when the law changed? I know people in Bali have been able to extend a 60 day visa but it is illegal. Did you use a agent? How much did you pay to extend?

Rambutmerah

Jul 30, 2006
Tourist visa

The VOA ($25) is not the same as a 60 day Tourist Visa, the 60 day visa is applied for outside of Indonesia. It has the same number as a Social Budaya, 211. So when the tourist visa expires you can extend it using a sponsor or an agent.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
It cant be extended ..., you will have to go to singapore ( or another close by country ) and re-enter indonesia .

I give up.
You can extend any Indonesia visa in Bali, you just need a good agent/ immigration officer.
And a little money.:icon_mrgreen:
Thats why I can't understand people in Bali asking about visa runs

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
I give up.
You can extend any Indonesia visa in Bali, you just need a good agent/ immigration officer.
And a little money.:icon_mrgreen:
Thats why I can't understand people in Bali asking about visa runs

funny thing is , this illegal activity cost about the same as a return flight to singapore:icon_wink:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
funny thing is , this illegal activity cost about the same as a return flight to singapore:icon_wink:

your right davo but people are happy to pay and while people get away with extending visa that you can't extend they will pay big money. Only in Bali:icon_mrgreen:

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
I know a friendly agent who will organise a VOA without leaving. the cost over all is cheaper than a visa run, although its illegal. And now and then immigration clamp down on these people.