SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Time has come when Airport Immigration are looking a little too closely at my multiple VOA stickers & I should probably apply for a Multiple Entry 6 month visa.

Any advice on what's the process for applying in Singapore - agents etc.
Can they find a 'sponsor' company... I can find a sponsor, but would rather not be 'indebted' (read... at the mercy) of someone I do business with (we're best of chums now, but....... know what I mean?)

I know there is a thread, but it is a few years old - any updates to Singapore agents/ phone numbers/ processes or fees?

Thanks

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I believe a multi-entry Business visa is usually issued for 12 months and has to be authorized from the Jakarta Immigration office and a supporting letter from the Singapore employer is required....Business visa to Indonesia - Global Singapore Visa processing centre | Global Singapore Visa processing centre

It is the same with a multi-entry Sosbud visa....but the supporting letter is from an Indonesian sponsor.

edit. Problem I found with multi-entry business/sosbud visa is the maximum stay is 60 days then exit and re-enter for a further 60 days.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
60 days at a time works for me

Why not apply for Tourist Visas to the RI Embassy in Singapore. They last 60 days, don't need a sponsor nor an agent, but must be used within 90 days of issue.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
It's an Idea I'll need 2 or 3 Tourist Visas to complete the project

I think there is no problem but a return/outbound ticket will be needed to show and a plausible story of why you need to visit is worth preparing...just in case asked.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
I believe a multi-entry Business visa is usually issued for 12 months and has to be authorized from the Jakarta Immigration office and a supporting letter from the Singapore employer is required....Business visa to Indonesia - Global Singapore Visa processing centre | Global Singapore Visa processing centre

It is the same with a multi-entry Sosbud visa....but the supporting letter is from an Indonesian sponsor.

edit. Problem I found with multi-entry business/sosbud visa is the maximum stay is 60 days then exit and re-enter for a further 60 days.

Small addition "An invitation letter from a company or a sponsor in Indonesia explaining the reason and duration of the visit;" is also required for business visa

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Small addition "An invitation letter from a company or a sponsor in Indonesia explaining the reason and duration of the visit;" is also required for business visa

You're right...I missed that extra requirement in my earlier post. Just makes the multi-entry Business Visa more onerous to get. The Intent is for foreign businessmen/women to get to Indonesia at 'the drop of a hat' to attend meetings, etc. with a collaborating RI Company.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Reviving this with a question:
Checking various Agents' websites I see some confusion:
Visacentral.sg site states that -

An original letter of introduction from the applicant's employer. A copy is not acceptable. This letter must:
Be on company letterhead paper
Include the name of the applicant
Specify the purpose of journey
Include the name, address and telephone number of the organisation(s) to be visited, as well as a contact person's name
Specify the requested number of entries and the length of visa required
Include an acceptance of financial responsibility for the applicant
Be signed by the applicant's supervisor or the company's HR department.

or

A copy of a letter of invitation from the host company. This letter must:

Be on company letterhead paper
Be addressed to the Embassy
Include the name of the applicant
Specify the purpose of journey
Specify the requested number of entries and the length of visa required
Include an acceptance of financial responsibility for the applicant
Bear the signature of the inviting party

Ok... so reading that technically my Singapore company could provide the letter and take the 'financial responsibility'.

Another site Global Singapore Visa processing centre - We can help you to obtain business, tourist and other types of visas to Russia, Singapore (electronic visa), India, China, Ukraine and other countries. | Global Singapore Visa processing centre says that 2 letters are required:
1. from the Employer's company (ie Singapore)
2, a company or a sponsor in Indonesia explaining the reason and duration of the visit;

So does anyone know for sure which it is?

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Thanks - it is more WHO accepts financial responsibility that I'm not clear about: the Indonesian or Foreign company?
Particularly because my Singapore company deals with more than one Indonesian company but none of them will actually be (or want to be) responsible financially ... nor would we want to be indebted to any single client.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
It is your company that accepts that responsibility and guarantees your round trip airfare by letter accompanying the letter of invitation and copy of flight ticket with application.