spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah looks great. Well done. Some before and after pictures would also be interesting to see.

Crystal

Sep 13, 2010
romanticallyimpaired.com
What exactly is P4P

Hi there,

I am planning a trip over xmas and was initially set on Thailand again (Pattaya) but think I will opt for somewhere a bit nicer looking so I picked Bali.

I am going to start doing some research on hotels ect but I thought it would be good to join here as I imagine there is some useful around to be picked up. Not sure exactly where I want to go to but im thinking mabye Sanur.

1) Firstly how much are hotels roughly? A lot of places online i've checked are priced in USD, any particular reason for that? I guess I am looking at something around £20 - 35 a night so a semi decent guest house or hotel. As long as it's clean has a bit of space and maybe a pool then im happy, also might bring a girl back there so shouldn't be a shithole. Do I need to raise my budget or can I find plenty for around that price?

2) How much are drinks there? I don't plan to be drinking all day every day but I will probably have a few in the evenings and might hit some clubs at night too. Im not sure if anyone here has been to Pattaya before but there I was budgeting around 7000 bhat a day so 150, sometimes 10000 if it was a big night. Id like to do a few touristy things too, see some sights but also maybe a bit of mongering which brings me onto my final question.

3) What's the P4P scene like in Bali/Sanur or just generally Bali? Im not expecting it to be anything like Pattaya but is there a scene there? I'm travelling alone so some company a few nights would be good.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope you can help me plan my trip.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
If you Google "p4p acronym" you find over 20 possible meanings. In the context of this thread, the best fit probably is "pay for pleasure".

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
special rate for Balipod members?

It looks great but most important is ..... do we get a special price?

Heh?

We that have lived with you night and day, around the clock, for years?!!

We that have warmed you on those cold Balinese nights and cooled you when the fever has been hot?

Is it asking too much to put Mamon behind us and say "Fechit, Balipod members ..... Half price! Cause I love em all!!"

Or will it be "business as usual"?

Ball's in your court there...:icon_biggrin:

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
It looks great but most important is ..... do we get a special price?

Heh?

We that have lived with you night and day, around the clock, for years?!!

We that have warmed you on those cold Balinese nights and cooled you when the fever has been hot?

Is it asking too much to put Mamon behind us and say "Fechit, Balipod members ..... Half price! Cause I love em all!!"

Or will it be "business as usual"?

Ball's in your court there...:icon_biggrin:
You do make me laugh sometimes, Markit and I think half price is a bit rich (!) but ok, I'll offer a 20% discount for Balipod members, as an opening special.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In the bargaining spirit of Indonesia I'd like to thank you for the miserable %20 rebate offered and, although I'm sure that must have been a typo, ask if that included airport pick up?:icon_e_smile:

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
In the bargaining spirit of Indonesia I'd like to thank you for the miserable %20 rebate offered and, although I'm sure that must have been a typo, ask if that included airport pick up?:icon_e_smile:
Only if you're prepared to ride pillion on the back of my scooter. :icon_wink:

jcguillou

Oct 11, 2010
seminyak
Hi WellRed,
I guess people don't come to Bali to find working girls.. there are more famous place in Asia for that. But I understand where you coming from. There are a few blogs where you can find all you need for this kind of trade.

In a nice bar with view on the beach on Seminyak a Heineken bottle will cost you 45K.. that would be 3 euros. Nice view+posh bar + seminyak probably means it's the most expensive in bali. Bintang, local beer will be 2 euros.
Nice Nasi Goreng in a local warung (nice one ) will cost you less that 3 euros.
For top class bars liquors will be around 6 euros.
Converting from Thai bath your budget is 150 to 200 euros... that's a lot. With that budget you can go to a top top restaurant, get a massage, have more than a few drinks and still have some spare.

You can get a car with a driver. It will cost you around 25 euros for the whole day, you can visit all the temples etc.. and the driver can give you advice on where to go at night, what to pay to get a drink and possibly some company.

I hate pattaya (only prostitutes, army guys and old men.. it's dirty, twice more expensive than Bangkok...).. been there once, never seen the point to return.

There are girls available in Bali like everywhere else, but I guess the style is less agressive than Thailand. If you are alone, taking your driver along can save you some embarassment and help you to get translation if needed (this works when you visit temples, bars or night bars). Not all girls come with a price tag. And you can find company with local or other fellow visitors.

From what I heard Sanur is not the most happening place. Biggest parties are in Kuta and Seminyak. But Kuta is the least Balinese of all, with all those bogans wearing their Bintang wife beaters... if they were any t-shirt at all... I find the food crap there... it's nothing like Bali at all... obviously with all this crowd on demand, come offers from working girls.

But for me the best of Bali is to sink in the atmosphere, relax, do massage, get lost in the small roads in the middle of paddy fields, eat well and practice sports ...

Dr Naek K Atas

Oct 13, 2010
Maybe my comments were a bit harsh, but I am just sick of this attitude. What about coming here for the first time, and being excited to see the culture, and way the balinese live, the temples and the ceremonies. :icon_cry:

So is he, just when he is finished he wants to hump a few as well.

Dr Naek K Atas

Oct 13, 2010
It's a bit off topic goldminer, but since you asked, we've taken the contract on a small hotel in Kerobokan. Previously it was a homestay, but after a 5 month renovation(!) we're now advertising as a small boutique-style hotel. We're located in jalan Pengubengan Kauh, not far from the gaol.

Our website is here:
Puri Dukuh Accommodation

Quite nice, do you offer Schappelle viewing tours too?

sheanaz

Nov 3, 2010
haha this made me laugh.. Isnt goin g on a holiday about having sex with your partner or randoms?

I would never go for the randoms myself - but that seems to be what most travellers do..

And Scout - if you hate this attiutude so much - you probably shouldnt be living in a tourist area, it sounds like you cant handle it anyway.. Or maybe you are just bashing away on here because you have no back bone and would never do it in person..

Anyway - I got a laugh out of the anger in this so cheers..

Oh and Im australian too and I although Im laid back and dont mind what others do - I dont get out of control either.. So that was just a racist comment by someone who was trying to talk from her high horse.. Bit hypocrytical dont you think..

That is all..